How many red flags do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    Wait wait wait. Does "red flag" mean something like "an unacceptable flaw, leave the man if he has any"?
    I think so
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

If so, that's a bunch of rubbish.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

3 before I got bored halfway through with all the whining!!
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Whining, there I'm proven right. Most of those red flags are outright abuse, aggression and stuff. The others are just whining, but I can only repeat: what the hell are you guys doing to your women?

Comment

more than what you're doing by the sound it andy
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

OOOOooooh, that's GOT to hurt!
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

What's great is that she lists a hundred fatal flaws that can make a man unnacceptable, and then at the end complains that men always think they have to jump through hoops. Oh the irony.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Remember, if you have anything to say about this, you're just a loser.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

well the perfect woman should love men even if i am a loser! waaaaaah.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                      He sits in the car, honking the horn, or starts to drive away, while you are still in the house/apartment, trying to get ready to go out. He knows you aren't ready yet, but he goes out to the car anyway. He gets angry and frustrated if you aren't ready the instant HE is. Your life is expected to run on HIS schedule.

Hell yeah. Stupid *****es shout wear their ****ing makeup faster. It's not MY ****ing schedule, it's A schedule.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The list came from a site called "heartless *****es" and complains about men.

Will wonders ever cease?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well, now those of us with two flags are 10% of the poll. She is a total perfectionist, and cuts no slack for anything. I noted she doesn't mention age - I know that prior to age 30 I DEFINITELY had more than two flags. Does she only date older men - which should be another red flag.

She also passes judgement on the average, not the actual person. She comments (one of my two flags when I got married and the only one that still applies)

He has ANY history of childhood abuse (abusive parents or siblings), ... and he hasn't been in YEARS of therapy (and I mean YEARS - like a decade or more, depending on his age), working through his issues. Men who were abused have a very strong tendency to become abusers. It takes many many years of therapy to overcome this, if they can at all.

Talked to a counselor/therapist where my wife got her first masters (at my insistance, to give her background on our relationship as present context for some issues - actually there affects - my wife had from her childhood). I painted her a picture of my childhood, and she asked me, "Forgive me for asking, but then how did you turn out so well." I explained to her that she hadn't really listened, I had a wonderful mother who got trapped by my sister's need for medical insurance.

You don't need years of therapy, you need to have had someone to hear you, to listen to you, and love you. Someone who is neglected that way, without the abuse - is infinitely worse off. This woman is ignorant, and worse a fool - she doesn't know what she doesn't know. And it doesn't take years of therapy, just a firm and total resolve that you will NEVER be that way. Very simply, and very hard. She doesn't have a clue, but she pontificates on it.

Red Flag 101 : She's such a perfectionist that less than 1 person in 10,000, if that, meets her critieria.
                          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Sure, they are all pretty bad flaws I would moan to my mates about, and that could possibly form grounds for divorce at some point......but it's essential to date a man with flaws in order to feel better about yourself; and plus, women secretly love men who comform to some of these stereotypes on occassions. Makes them feel they have a proper 'relationship'.
                            Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Oh look.. the stalker is back. Please stop sending your nude photos to me. Or at least buy some new lingerie, yes?
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Hi there, Verres.

So you say, basically, that you consider flaws "quaint"?
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X