Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most depressing colour for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most depressing colour for you?

Which colour gets you depressed the most?

I don't think it would be one of the bright, warm colours (red, orange, yellow, etc.) or white.

For me it's grey, esp. a dark shade of it. Ick.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

For me? Chess.. with a sprinkle of UR in it.. that's the worst. I mean grey with sprinkle of red in it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

no colour depresses me, I see all colours as equally useful and balanced with each other

my favourite colour is yellow-green. I think it is supposed to represent new growth.
      be free

Comment

I wouldn't say it got me depressed, but in most cases I can't stand purple, or lilla as it's called here. And dark nuances of blue-green are horrible, always. Screaming pink should be outlawed and any perpetrators shot, their family charged for the ammo and re-paint expenses.

Comment

I'll go with grey. Grey like the unpainted concrete that makes up so many of our public buildings. Bland and ugly grey.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I like grey

The worst color I could think of is pink, it's not depressing, but scary
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

dark, dark blue
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I agree with Sn00py (even though that sounds like something a dirty hippie would say). No such thing as a depressing colour
                CSPA

Comment

Any color not in the original CRAYOLA 8 pack.
                  Real men should never have to differenciate between teal and cyan. It's BLUE damnit.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Green depresses me if I don't have any of it in my wallet
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

colors don't make me depressed

if someone is such weak-willed that colors have that much influence over their mood, they should go step in front of a bus...

wusses

chemical imbalances or traumatic events or unhappiness with one's life should cause depression... not colors
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava's preferences nonewithstanding, it seems clear that the colours of rooms affect the moods of inhabitants. Light blues and greens are supposed to be soothing, and red inducive of irritability and agitation. I don't recall if any colour is supposed to depress people.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Black makes me happy
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Beige
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

beige IS a sad color
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X