No announcement yet.

30 gigs of webmail and online storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 gigs of webmail and online storage?

It's true. 30gigs.com went live and they are offering just that. But, like gmail, it is invite only! So, if anyone has a spare invite laying around, I would really appreciate it!
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

I wouldn't mind one either. However, the site itself appears to be down with a mysql issue.
    B♭3

Comment

what do people need all this email storage space for?

of my many accounts, the most used account besides my ISP email is a hotmail and I don't even use 1% of 250meg
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm using 8% of my 2.5GB GMail account. Most of it is just attachments sent between friends; 3-5MB a clip, they add up.

Why do people need it? Well, think of it as closet space. You can never have too much, really, though you can have a cavernous warehouse nearly empty.

Still, it's better to have all your **** indoors in a nearly empty warehouse than to not be able to fit all of it in a tiny one.
        B♭3

Comment

I'm only using 7% of mine...
          You are currently using 183 MB (7%) of your 2650 MB.
          This 30Gigs thing looks stupid. It's unreliable already and slowwwwwwwwww...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

that could be because it's getting slashdotted And it isn't just e-mail, they specifically refered to it as storage space, for pictures, etc...
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Yeah, I'm not using much of my g-mail space either. I suppose people who trade a lot of files or pictures would need extra space though.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You are currently using 713 MB (27%) of your 2650 MB.

Even then, I still have a long way to go before filling the space.

Comment

[q=gmail]You are currently using 146 MB (6%) of your 2650 MB[/q]

5% of this is in the trashcan. It's going to take a long time before I use all the space on gmail...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

What a bunch of pack rats.
                    I'm with Sava. Utilize that trash barrel.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's taken me a year of hardcore archiving to use 80megs of my 2.5gmail gigs, plus it's searchable
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        What a bunch of pack rats.
                        I'm with Sava. Utilize that trash barrel.
                        The whole point of gmail is you don't need to trash anything. You "archive" it out of site, but still in the searchable index.

It's useful, especially given that gmail's storage is continually climbing and I'm using only 6% anyway...
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

okay, I got an invite. I have 4 invitations up for grabs :-p

Comment

Me!
                            B♭3

Comment

pm me your e-mail address

Comment

Working...
                              X