No announcement yet.

What are others' thoughts on Corel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I hope that GoLive gets dropped in favor of Dreamweaver, and that some of the cool **** from LiveMotion makes its way into Flash. I epxect Flash will probably start writing to SVG now.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

I will go with the advice of Che -- GO FOR IT.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Well, I hope that GoLive gets dropped in favor of Dreamweaver, and that some of the cool **** from LiveMotion makes its way into Flash. I epxect Flash will probably start writing to SVG now.
        I don't care about Dreamweaver but if they are going to drop Fireworks I'm definitely going to be pissed...
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Psst, they already halted development on Fireworks...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's no good. Fireworks is better than ImageReady. I hope they at least fold the good parts into IR.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

ImageReady doesn't really compete with Fireworks...

Illustrator and Fireworks are more comparable.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Illustrator is a vector graphics program, like Freehand. Both of these programs are primarily targetted at print work, but can also create graphics for web animation like Flash and SVG.

Fireworks is a bitmap graphics program, which is really good at image compression and outputs into pngs. It is primarily for producing web graphis, like ImageReady. It's just that ImageReady comes bundled with Photoshop, and so all most people use it for is optimization and gif animation. Fireworks optimization is better, though, as is their png support.

This is one of those few times I'll be able to disagree with you on software, Asher, and know what I'm talking about.

Are you confusing ImageReady with InDesign?

Comment

Was confusing Freehand with Fireworks.

Fireworks, IIRC, is somewhat of a unique combination of vector and raster...it has vector functionality in any case.

Comment

So does that mean they haven't stopped development on Fireworks?

Comment

Fireworks is a bitmap graphics program, which is really good at image compression and outputs into pngs. It is primarily for producing web graphis, like ImageReady. It's just that ImageReady comes bundled with Photoshop, and so all most people use it for is optimization and gif animation. Fireworks optimization is better, though, as is their png support.
                      Fireworks is mainly a vector graphics program - it was when I tried it (Fireworks 4) as the built-in tools were mostly for vector graphics. The difference between Fireworks and Illustrator/Freehand/CorelDraw is Fireworks can produce movies.

It can handle bitmaps and most people do roll them into swf files, but that just makes the files balloon in size. Very nasty.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You're wrong, UR. FW is not a vector graphics program.

Comment

Blurb from the Macromedia site:

Get top-quality design results.
                          Take creative control with seamless vector and bitmap editing in an integrated environment.
                          At least not completely wrong, che.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's a hybrid program.

Comment

Yes, and Photoshop can do some vector imaging and Illustrator can print to a bitmap. That doesn't mean it's the primary function of those propgrams. You can use Word to make a spreadsheet, but why would you?

Also, that's Fireworks 8, which I haven't yet played with.

Comment

Photoshop has no real vector functionality...nowhere near what Fireworks can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X