No announcement yet.

Southpark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, writing comedy is maybe the toughest art form to write. One, it doesn't play out like you write it. Two, it doesn't play out like you write it. The only thing that comes close and is actually way more difficult than comedy is Ramblings.

You put De Niro saying both and it's funny when the vulgar one is chosen, if even then.

But if you ask me, I think the swearing went kind of too far, I mean when they made it that swearing is funny in itself.. well.. I mean it was funny movie to me, but not because it had so much swearing.

I don't care if the swear words are bleeped or not, either way works for me. As long as you can tell what they were swearing of course .

Oh, and sailors are gay, UNIVERSAL FACT!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Jim Mora, in one of the all-time classic press conference performances. I do agree with Imran, though, that the subject matter of the movie made it funnier than had it not been profane.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I think the over-the-top cursing is funny, because it has some element of truth to it -- that's somewhat how all the little kids talked where I grew up.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

DanS, that's true though... it's unbelievable what kind of language some little kids use when they are around each other. I mean.. when I was 17, I used to be assistant coach to a hockey team here, mostly I was in charge of being in the rink in practice and helping out, the kids were 11 years old. Some of the stuff that they talked, even shocked me. They talked about.. vagina.. as if they were all getting some. You wouldn't believe the locker room talk Then you kind of get used to it, and it's fun because you can tease them and throw in some good insultive jokes, it's easy to pwn the little kids who talk too much .

But yeah, southpark has nothing on those guys..
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Which is funnier:

1."We couldn't do diddly-pooh offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We didn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked. We sucked. It was a horseass performance in the second half. Horseass!"

2."We couldn't do $hit offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We didn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked. We sucked. It was a horse$hit performance in the second half. Horse$hit!"
            Uh...how about neither? The writing has to be funny to begin with, not just because theire's a swear.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
            X