No announcement yet.

Serenity the movie - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of my freinds didn't even think of going to see it.. despite me telling them it would be cool..

they went to see Flightplan isntead, which they hated

I will probably go to see Serenity again (I think only other movies I went to see twice were a couple of the LOTR movies)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Bkeela, this is a very different trip than X-Men. No fantastic powers or jaw-dropping SFX. It's much more comparable to a Western, but there's no black-and-white here. The "heros" are outlaws, but represent the honorable, misunderstood anti-heros of the 70s, like Butch/Sundance. The strength of the movie lies in storytelling, the characters, and its vision of life at the edge of future civilization. Plus, it's funny.

Catch the original TV series on SciFi Network Fridays, early evening, if you want to predict how you'll feel about dropping a Jefferson on it.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think it's hilarious that the flight attendant's union is calling for a boycott of Flight Plan...

and they are complaining about the movie and talking about about 9-11 and stuff... gimme a break

I'd call for boycott... but because the movie probably sucks...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Yeah, $10.1 isn't that good. It'll struggle to make $50 million, but it may get there. It'll drop by half probably next weekend, and then we'll see from there.
          I'm not so sure about that, Imran. I think this film has a lot of repeat business coming its way from the "browncoats". Add that to the good word-of-mouth, and I'm more expecting a drop of about a third, to about $7 million rather than $5.

Actually, strike that... this is Columbus Day weekend coming up. Film gates as a whole should be much higher next weekend, and Serenity doesn't have any major thematic competition being released this weekend. (Then again, neither does Flightplan.) It's quite possible that the film could equal or exceed last weekend's take just based on the timing.

We'll see, though.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

I think this film has a lot of repeat business coming its way from the "browncoats".

Far too optimistic. Cult movies don't buck the trend even though the cult always think they will. Though the Columbus Day weekend may increase the numbers to $7 million, but I think that'd be based on another day of 'weekend'.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

moved to correct thread. . . . grumble grumble

This happened to Patroklos too.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What the hell? I was in another thread.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Wrong thread che .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Saw this the other day (I'm slow, sue me ).

Very very cool.

I thought the Reavers would be scary, but River ... ...

Comment

I saw Serenity over almost two weeks ago. I LOVED it!!
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I felt the pilot's death was needless

sorry, but this thread was dead, if you don't want to read the spoiler, then don't
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, you try so hard to be a cool rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                            Sava, you try so hard to be a cool rebel.

i am just myself

i don't try to be anything

I wanted to make a comment about the movie, so what

just didn't want anyone to have a hernia because I did a spoiler
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Maybe I should have put a smilie that indicated friendly sarcasm.

Comment

okay then hehehehe

its hard to tell that stuff online!
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X