No announcement yet.

Serenity the movie - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way will there be a series revival. They can't do it without Whedon, and he would be unlikely to go that route again, especially after he was so rudely humbled the first time through. AFAIK, he has maintained ownership of his concept.

More: Properties move easily from TV to film. Actors would much rather deal with the finite shooting schedule of a film. Committing to a series is "50% of the next X years of my life" and thus much less attactive.

Plus, TVland carries much less prestige.

This will be a film franchise or it will be gone.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

This is a copycat thread.

Do we need 2 threads on this movie?

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I searched for one before starting this and couldn't find it. If it predates this, post a link.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
          I think it is planned as a trilogy.
          That's correct. The number I heard was $50 million domestically or $80 million internationally for a sequel to get the green light. The movie cost $45 million to make.

SP
          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Dang it. Modem crash ate my post.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

there will not be another series
              we gotta live it

Comment

Having wasted my money seeing Revenge of the Sith, Hitchhikers, and The Island, I am very hesitant to see this film.

Is it comparable to X-Men type quality?
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Hitchhicker's Guide movie

I just bought the DVD a week ago!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I have not seen The Island

this is better then Revenge of the Sith and Hitchhikers I think

alsoo if you are refering to special effects quality, it is just decent (it had a lot smaller budget then a lot of other movies)

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

First weekend numbers are in: Serenity finished second behind Flightplan with a domestic gross of $10.1 million. That's pretty good for a down weekend for movies in general.

Assuming that the film doesn't drop from the face of the earth like most other features (which I doubt, considering the built-in audience and the good reviews), I can't see why the film can't make it to $50 million here.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Jesus Christ! A reismark sighting!

*drops 15-ton safe on reismark*

Comment

$10.1 mill is pretty bad methinks

how much did Serentiy cost to make?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

40m

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

my freinds told me Flightplan sucked

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Yeah, $10.1 isn't that good. It'll struggle to make $50 million, but it may get there. It'll drop by half probably next weekend, and then we'll see from there.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X