Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bombs in Bali!

Nine dead as Bali hit by blasts

First reports are currently limiting the death toll to 9 at the moment but I guess that is sure to rise...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Probably the most tragic thing in all this is that by bombing an hindu island, the extremist muslims are effectively waging an economic war against the island's population at the same time as striking at western tourists...

I was there a couple of months after the first bombing and it was amazing over what a wide area the devastation had affected, firstly the physical and secondly that during the high season that we were there that tourist numbers were down by 70% on the beaches and in Ubud, and by even more in the interior.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The link is updated to "At least 12 killed"
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Still growing - now 19
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Damn.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Steven Weinberg

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sucks

Swedish radio news reported that a blown off head rolled in a pool of blood on the pavement
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

oh man this sucks... as you might have guessed from my flag, I intended to go to Indonesia for a good amount of time, maybe winter or next summer. I wouldn't have gone to Bali though, more like off-tourist-route trekking and checking places out. This won't affect my plans (excpet maybe cheaper airplane tickets) but .. this certainly sucks, second time in a row in Bali eh?

They really need to make a crackdown on these action dudes of extremist nature, or this will surely happen again..
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

how many Aussies - don't want to put on CNN...
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Initial reports suggest that Indonesians bore the brunt of the attacks, but casualties also include Australian, US, Japanese and South Korean nationals.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          how many Aussies - don't want to put on CNN...
                          Is that an imortant thing ? - some idiots has blasted out the lives of currently 25 people - I really don't care from where they are - I feel sorry despite their origin.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                              Do you have a link ? bbc still only claims 25.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X