There Is A Health Warning On My Keyboard+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Is A Health Warning On My Keyboard+

I've had this keyboard for 2 years and never noticed this. It's below "delete", "end" and "page down" and it says
    Some experts believe usage of any keyboard may lead to serious injuries

Take care, everybody.
    CSPA

erhm, that + wasn't supposed to be there. I don't have a Keyboard+, just an ordinary keyboard
    CSPA

Comment

That's the thing, a keyboard+ is much less dangerous. Personally, I'm using a keyboard++. It's damn expensive but it enhances night vision and prevents colon cancer
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Some experts believe usage of any keyboard may lead to serious injuries
        can you sue the manufacturer for idiocy?
        "some"? "may"?
        it's like they tried really hard not be in the least amount specific....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

On the back of the keyboard it says I can call customer service and they'll send me a copy of the "comfort guidelines".
          Maybe I should do that and hang them on the wall next to the computer. Gotta stay safe

They have them online too: www.logitech.com/comfort
          CSPA

Comment

A lead filled keyboard smashed over someone's head could indeed lead to serious injuries
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Off with all warning labels and let the stupid remove themselves from the gene pool.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

...although I don't think carpal tunnel syndrome ever killed anyone
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    ...although I don't think carpal tunnel syndrome ever killed anyone
                    I searched for "carpal tunnel deaths" and I got some hits involving something called "Primary amyloidosis"... it didn't say how it was related to carpal tunnel, just that on the page for Primary abyloidosis, it said this:

Your doctor may discover that you have an enlarged liver or spleen. There may be signs of heart failure.

If specific organ damage is suspected, testing to confirm amyloidosis of that organ may be performed. For example:

* biopsy of a tissue or organ will be positive for amyloid. A skin biopsy that includes subcutaneous fat, a rectal mucosa biopsy, or a bone marrow biopsy can help confirm the diagnosis.
                    * heart evaluation may reveal arrhythmias, abnormal heart sounds, or signs of heart failure.
                    o ECG shows abnormalities.
                    o echocardiogram shows poor wall motion because of a stiff heart muscle (cardiomyopathy).
                    * kidney function evaluation may reveal renal failure or nephrotic syndrome (excessive protein in the urine).
                    o Urinalysis shows protein, casts, or fat bodies.
                    o Serum creatinine is increased.
                    o BUN is increased.
                    * abdominal ultrasound may reveal enlarged liver or spleen.
                    * evaluation for carpal tunnel syndrome may reveal involvement of the nerve:
                    o nerve conduction velocity shows a conduction block.
                    o hand grips are weak because of weakness of the thumb.
                    I don't think carpal tunnel causes this, does it?

probably not...

I hope not...

because I will probably get carpal tunnel from playing too much PC games
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I still think carpal tunnel sounds like something fish would swim through
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

My keyboard even has the full statement on the back. Comfort guidelines and such. Tis silly.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                          It's damn expensive but it enhances night vision and
                          prevents colon cancer
                          Colon cancer sounds dreadful. Is that something that Colon does?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            My keyboard even has the full statement on the back. Comfort guidelines and such. Tis silly.
                            Since I've been a laptop owner for awhile, never seen such a warning unless its burried in the users manual... those things I never read as they squeeze 6 different languages into an already thick booklet.

At one of the university library computers they have a huge sticker on the keyboard but since its gumed up, its impossible to read so I ignore it like everyone else
                            *mumbles* you'd think being at a top school, they'd at least clean or replace gross keyboards... nooo, instead they keep 'em til it or computer dies-whatever is first *continues typing with the aid of a pen/pencil*

Comment

Working...
                            X