BBC and the Iraq War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC and the Iraq War

When was the last time anyone heard a balanced report from them?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

If a "bad thing" is reported as a "bad thing" then its OK with me.

Comment

BBC and Germany's 1940 War for Freedom

When was the last time anyone heard a balanced report from them?

Now that Godwinization has occurred, this thread must plummet to the oblivion, and we can go back to talking about more important things.

Comment

I was expecting PA to say "I'm sorry, they were right all the time weren't they. How shortsighted I was."
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

I thought PA already posted this thread, and it went happily and quickly on to oblivion? Or maybe that was about the BBC and Katrina? I can't remember.

Anyway, I've not been very impressed with what I've seen from the BBC. From what little I've seen, the reporters take it upon themselves to editorialize. It doesn't seem that they have any discipline from the top that would put a fast stop to all of it.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

In the UK Channel 4 News is the Daddy. - FACT.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

eh?

what is "balanced"?

does that mean the BBC needs to have some whack job left wing opinions mixed in with some ultra right wing views in the same report?

here, I'll take a BBC report, and "balance" it to make PA happy...

the bolding will be my contribution... it will be your job to tell whether the bold part is left wing or right wing bias... but I will add both types of bias to the story to "balance" it.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Iraqi market struck by car bomb

More than 95 people died in a triple bomb attack in Balad because the incompetent Americans could not defend them

A car bomb has killed at least 10 people in a vegetable market in the town of Hilla, south of the Iraqi capital Baghdad, police say.

They say more than 30 others were injured in the attack in the mainly Shia town, which has been the scene of previous attacks by insurgents.

The bombing came as the death toll from Thursday's blasts in Balad rose to 95, which could have been high as 2,000 if John Kerry had won the election.

Shias have been the main target in a spike in violence ahead of the 15 October referendum on the constitution.

There. This BBC report has been "balanced".
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fair and balanced

Comment

Sava:
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    Seconded

Course we have to sympathise with PA; he pays his licence fee to hear that unprovoked aggression is a bad thing and that the BNP are a bunch of nazi thugs. For shame.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      eh?

what is "balanced"?

does that mean the BBC needs to have some whack job left wing opinions mixed in with some ultra right wing views in the same report?

here, I'll take a BBC report, and "balance" it to make PA happy...

the bolding will be my contribution... it will be your job to tell whether the bold part is left wing or right wing bias... but I will add both types of bias to the story to "balance" it.

There. This BBC report has been "balanced".

Good point. This whole thing about "balance" is crap. The media is supposed to be finding the truth about a subject, not give both side's official statements and call it a day. Just because they find one sides position BS doesn't mean they are partisan, IT MEANS THEY ARE DOING GOOD REPORTING!

Comment

Thirded

Channel 4 is in fact the best channel. Better than BBC2, even.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Good point. This whole thing about "balance" is crap. The media is supposed to be finding the truth about a subject, not give both side's official statements and call it a day. Just because they find one sides position BS doesn't mean they are partisan, IT MEANS THEY ARE DOING GOOD REPORTING!
                          Yep, that is the theory, but when have you last seen it practiced ?

It even get funnier when there are two different truths - wich one should they then choose ?
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                            It even get funnier when there are two different truths - wich one should they then choose ?
                            The true one.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X