German translation please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German translation please?

Can someone give me the "meat and bones" of this please? I know the specs of the scope (ie the top bit) but what does the stuff in italics and below mean?

thanks

Never mind got it.

Comment

Ich nicht spreche sie Deutsch
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

me an' all mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
          Ich nicht spreche sie Deutsch
          Good thing you'll never have then..or is it!!

Europe English
          The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Alva,

I've got a mate who I go on holiday with who does the typical English thing. To make himself understood he shouts, waves his arms and puts 'o' on the end of every word. Makes me laugh every time!!

Comment

I figured you all did that.

Most people do that though, not just ze English, except perhaps those nations who are familiar with having more than one local language.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                except perhaps those nations who are familiar with having more than one local language.
                ..errr.....so how does that work then...???????

Comment

english sucks
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                    english sucks
                    so does whatever language you use

Comment

but english has extraordinary stupid reading and spelling rules
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

And genders aren't? Male and female things? You lot are weird...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          And genders aren't? Male and female things? You lot are weird...
                          Exactly! Like a house is a bird but a pen is a bloke? Whats that all about???

Comment

It's easy to get a pen into a house, but a lot tougher the other way round.

Or were you referring to pen as the female swan?

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

Or were you referring to pen as the female swan?
                              Dunno?

But giving stuff genders is just down right weird!

Foreigners!

Foreigners who won't speak English

Comment

Working...
                              X