This is your brain on religious fundamentalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is your brain on religious fundamentalism

Hmm...yesterday some Al Qaeda guy said the hurricanes were sent by Allah to punish sinful Americans (what a surprise) and tonight (surprise) a state senator from Alabama, Hank Erwin (R), said the hurricanes were sent to punish sinful Americans. This was on Scarborough Country, and Joe asked why God would punish so many innocent people and the SENATOR said the innocent are colateral damage. Well, he put it differently, where sin is the innocent are put in harms way (or something to that effect). Joe then asked him why the French Quarter of NO was spared the flooding and the guy said it was God warning them (the sinners).

Notice how the message from god changed as logic was applied to the messenger's words? Punish the innocent to warn the guilty? The senator then ironically pointed out how religious residents of New Orleans sharing his ideas would go into the FQ to warn them about their sin. If there is a god and it is sending a message (albeit still unjust), it seems the message is: stop harassing the people in the French Quarter. A tornado missing the brothel and striking the church on sunday is not a warning to prostitutes and johns nor is it a justification for the preacher to blame them.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

is that a gay frying pan?
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

why do you ask that?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

that egg is way too nicely shaped

Comment

well I found the image from a yoga site, so go figure
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

the GAY egg
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

how's this one?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

it´s leaking. you like it rough, do you

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

tres gay

Comment

here's a gay egg for you DF

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thats a weird twist to this threadjack, get a room

Comment

should I get some vodka? I like to discuss gay eggs more when I am drunk

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

sorry Berz
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Any God actually worth worshipping would love the French Quarter and everything it stands for. And any God actually worth worshipping would want to destroy Trent Lott's house.

Katrina's making a believer out of me...
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X