What is the best smartphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best smartphone?

My classy Nokia 8110i is really getting old, and I am in the market for a new device. BTW. this one still works excellently and I have no problems with it, except that the battery lasts only a day and a half.

Neo knows what's good.

Anyway, the combination of phone-camera-computer attracts me very much, and I hear the thing is called "smartphone".

Which device would you recommend?

The pathetic little square that passes for a display on a mobile is nowhere near enough for decent computer use.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Oh yeah? How about 640x480? Civilization I ran on 320x240

Comment

I don't own it, but I long for the Sony Ericsson P910a, which has the biggest screen I've seen on a phone and uses a stylus like a PDA (it also has an irritatingly tiny keyboard, but that can be removed). Here's teh cnet review:

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
          Oh yeah? How about 640x480? Civilization I ran on 320x240
          It's not the resolution, it's the size. Size matters here
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            Here's teh cnet review
            Just curious. Do you misspell "the" on purpose?

Comment

Dave, join me in drooling for this:

640x480 display

Comment

A keyboard, a huge screen... I think I have a winner here with HTC Universal (sold under other names by carriers). Now I only need to check the prices and availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

No; I do it all the freakin' time, though, and it drives me crazy. In fact, I've been transposing more and more letters lately (which I just spelled, "laetly"); yesterday I rendered "colonial" as "conolial." I've no idea why it's getting worse, but it is.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                    Dave,

join me in drooling for this:

640x480 display
                    Very nice. A little wide, though; what's cool about the P910a is that it's shaped more like a phone than a PDA, and so is easier to hold to your ear. Still, I'd be happy with either.

Comment

It's not the resolution, it's the size. Size matters here
                      Yes, and I'm looking for something I can: 1) carry around, 2) phone with and 3) take photos with. All the extra functionality and software is less important and more of a bonus, and since this baby is Windows based I guess sky is the limit

Comment

I do.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                        X