And then God says "POOF"!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then God says "POOF"!!!

You know just when you think you have time to wallow in your own self pitty party......God says oh rrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeealllllllllly you think you've got it bad?!?!!

I just started a new job yesterday as a Nurses Aide for a home care patient. So yeah here I am feeling all sorry for myself and all the crap that's happened in the past few weeks and I get assigned a woman who was an ICU nurse, married for 15 years, beautiful daughter and then BAM!!! gets hit by a car and looses leg, partialy paralized, closed head trauma etc.... So yeah, that's a bit of a reality check. Just when you think you're life isn't going so good the big man upstairs let's you know it could be worse. Shows me I need to count my blessings every day and be greatful for every healthy, normal day that I can draw breath.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

I feel bad for that woman.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So God purposefully caused grievous misery to that poor woman just to teach you something? What an evil bastard he must be.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

As the old saying goes, Eat, Live and be Merry, for tommorrow we die.

Life is as good or as bad as you decide it is. And then it ends, thought you probably do not know when that is.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          As the old saying goes, Eat, Live and be Merry, for tommorrow we die.

Life is as good or as bad as you decide it is. And then it ends, thought you probably do not know when that is.
          for sheezy

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            So God purposefully caused grievous misery to that poor woman just to teach you something? What an evil bastard he must be.
            And not just that woman. Read your Bible; He's one sadistic s.o.b.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
              I don't know. What would life be worth if everyone was happy all the time?

You are being unfair here Boris. I don't like religion at all, but the essence of Christianity is that things in this world, other than our characters do not in the end matter. It's not like religious people haven't spent thousands of years thinking about this problem.

At least give them some credit.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Damn.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

God is a poofter.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Pufta?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

What would life be worth if everyone was happy all the time?
                      What would it be worth? Who cares? You wouldn't give a ****: you'd be happy.
                      What?

Comment

Shows me I need to count my blessings every day and be greatful for every healthy, normal day that I can draw breath.

God makes homosexuals, and we all know they are going to hell. He's is REALLY a *****
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

What would it be worth? Who cares? You wouldn't give a ****: you'd be happy.
                          Nothing you did would matter. Most people have this funny thing about their choices actually meaning something.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

My choices mean something, but I don't dwell on mistakes I've made. This makes me happy.

My new motto is "**** It" (but in a positive way.)
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              I don't know. What would life be worth if everyone was happy all the time?

You are being unfair here Boris. I don't like religion at all, but the essence of Christianity is that things in this world, other than our characters do not in the end matter. It's not like religious people haven't spent thousands of years thinking about this problem.

At least give them some credit.
                              Where did I say that people should be happy all the time? You missed the point totally. That a god would let bad things happen to people is different than the implication that a god would deliberately cause such suffering to a stranger in order to "teach a lesson" to someone else. Were I religious, I would still have major objections to this notion. It's similar to my eye-rolling at people who survive disasters claiming their god was protecting them, the implication being that he wasn't protecting those who did die (and thereby insinuating they deserved to die).
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X