Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the right exercise of law+justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Sava

the 'revolution' option(B), you 'for the people' activist you
    Last edited by child of Thor; September 27, 2005, 17:10.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I'm a little confused. It seems that this tax also hits people renting their home. If that is true, please don't tell that to our Socialdemokrater and Radikale Venstre - they are relentlessly looking for new things to tax, and currently people renting doesn't pay property tax.

Fortunatedly, there are at least three years to their next shot on getting the power - our current government has made a tax stop - that is no changes in percentages, but of course, if you earn more you pay more. The only exception is property taxes; there are a max limit to how much that may grow each year no matter how much the value goes up.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        But do you pay an official property tax on top of it?

Heck mine is about 6k a year and my brothers is double that.
        not per annum, just when you first buy the property. But we have many other taxes for just about breathing(and that will be one of the next!) that gets the government its dirty money
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
          That sounds ok. The old rate system which was scrapped in place of the Poll tax(probably because the rich got fed up paying more money than the poor - thanks maggie )
          We still have the old rate system, though the money from that is going to the police. Yes, every single cent of it.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I hope more people in her situation take her lead. Go Granny Martyrs

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

We still have the old rate system, though the money from that is going to the police. Yes, every single cent of it.
            Its crazy how much tax we pay taking it all into account - it wouldn't be so bad if it felt like it was going to good cause(say like it seems to in the scandinavian countries). But here we have a situation where you really hope you dont have to go to hospital to avoid catching the super-bug thing etc. Especialy in big cities. Public transport - has anyone taken the trains recently? Its cheaper for me to drive to see relatives than take the train!

Lots of info on uk tax issues here if anyones interested!

Last edited by child of Thor; September 28, 2005, 12:59.

Comment

Working...
            X