Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah, those greedy politicians . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, those greedy politicians . . . . . .

Not that greedy politicians is news, but just to be sure everyone is aware of the latest with Frist, in particular.

Corruption?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Our politicians
    B♭3

Comment

at US.

You make a system where noone can see what happens and then you get mad when something diclosures this weakness

Why don't you make it simple - noone that owns assets above - just for fun 100 k$ - can't get elected
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"You make a system where noone can see what happens and then you get mad when something diclosures this weakness"

I can assure you, most of the people who get mad didnt make the system.

Comment

Ehrm, I thought that the system was made by those elected so it should be valid - have I misunderstood something ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So if Martha Stewart gets jail time for her little stunt, I imagine we can see Sen. Frist going to prison for a couple of years at least, right?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The fact that he's being investigated by the NY US attorney's office and by the SEC -- as opposed to being investigated by his own feckless colleagues or by a DC-based prosecutor -- actually gives me some hope that justice might be done here.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I just have one thing to say - Harken energy. And the American people elected Bush after all the details came out, they were easily available to anyone who bothered.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  So if Martha Stewart gets jail time for her little stunt, I imagine we can see Sen. Frist going to prison for a couple of years at least, right?
                  Nah, that can't happen -- something like that could only happen in a fair justice system.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                    I just have one thing to say - Harken energy. And the American people elected Bush after all the details came out, they were easily available to anyone who bothered.
                    ok

so I know a lot of bad stuff about Bush, and I voted for the other guy

but I don't know what Harken energy is, or what it is about

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

George W. Bush had a wildcat oil company in Texas that was losing money. During Daddy's Presidency Harken energy bought it from him for a good chunk of their stock, which makes the deal a bit dodgy already. As part of the sale agreement W. agrees to hold his new Harken Energy stock (what they bought his company with) for six months.

He doesn't, he sells it soon after the agreement, and two months later Harken energy stock tanks. W. filed his intent to sell paperwork on time, but he didn't file his actually paperwork about having sold it, as required by the SEC, until a year later, and he blames it all on the company lawyers, who refute his claim that he asked them to do anything.

Oh, and Bush became an officer at Harken energy when they bought his company. He was on the audit committee - yet he claims he was clueless about whether the stock would drop, even though he sold it in violation of a legal contract with Harken energy. FYI.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

George W. Bush had a wildcat oil company in Texas that was losing money. During Daddy's Presidency Harken energy bought it from him for a good chunk of their stock, which makes the deal a bit dodgy already. As part of the sale agreement W. agrees to hold his new Harken Energy stock (what they bought his company with) for six months.

He doesn't, he sells it soon after the agreement, and two months later Harken energy stock tanks. W. filed his intent to sell paperwork on time, but he didn't file his actually paperwork about having sold it, as required by the SEC, until a year later, and he blames it all on the company lawyers, who refute his claim that he asked them to do anything.

Oh, and Bush became an officer at Harken energy when they bought his company. He was on the audit committee - yet he claims he was clueless about whether the stock would drop, even though he sold it in violation of a legal contract with Harken energy. FYI.
                        This post leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          This post leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
                          Just a bad taste in your mouth? Shouldn't you be enraged?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Just a bad taste in your mouth? Shouldn't you be enraged?
                            Getting enraged about that sort of thing would be like getting enraged about political repression in the PRC - unbearably tiring.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

That speaks more about the power of the right wing smear machine and the stupidity of the American voter then anything else.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X