No announcement yet.

The definition of irony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her body, her business. What's with all the news and hype on this.

[q=Presley]There are drugs in the modelling business!? What is the world coming too?
    [/q]
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It must be an Anglo thing

The news latley is has been gravitating towards celebrity gossip to the extreme. That's all this really amounts to.

People love to see celebrities fall.

Regular news shows now even have a gossip hour.

It's pathetic, there are real issues to discuss.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Bread and Circuses - or, the modern equivalent

Tax Cuts and Media Circuses.
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

With fears mounting that high energy costs will crimp economic growth, President Bush called on Americans on Monday to conserve gasoline by driving less. He also issued a directive for all federal agencies to cut their own energy usage and to encourage employees to use public transportation.
          ‘‘We can all pitch in,’’ Bush said. ‘‘People just need to recognize that the storms have caused disruption,’’ he added, and said that if Americans are able to avoid going ‘‘on a trip that’s not essential, that would be helpful.’’

Meanwhile:

President Bush paid the region another visit, less than a month after his administration drew blistering attacks for its response to Hurricane Katrina. After monitoring Rita at the U.S. Northern Command in Colorado Springs, Colo., the president on Sunday attended briefings on the government’s response in San Antonio, Austin, Texas,
          Golfing since 67

Comment

Campbell said it was wrong to blame the modeling industry for drug abuse and eating disorders among young women.

Just blame the drug taking model for the drug abuse instead, eh, Naomi ?

Why the Mirror targetted Moss:

Back in July, lawyers for the supermodel proudly announced that London's Sunday Mirror would pay her "substantial" libel damages for claiming that she once fell into a cocaine-induced coma.

Why Naomi would defend a drug taking fellow model:

Naomi Campbell won her privacy case Wednesday against a British tabloid newspaper that published a photo of her leaving a drug treatment center.

Justice Sir Michael Morland awarded the 31-year-old, London-born model $5,000 damages and told The Mirror newspaper to pay her court costs.

Campbell, who was not in London's High Court for the ruling, had sued MGN, publisher of The Mirror, for breach of confidence and unlawful invasion of privacy after the tabloid published a photo of her leaving a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in London a year ago.

Campbell had told the court she felt "shocked, angry, betrayed and violated" by the story.

... the model had publicly denied drug addiction....

Of course she did- when she could eventually remember where and who she was...
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I hear most of the big models either use cocaine or used to use cocaine as a means to stay freakishly thin.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                I hear most of the big models either use cocaine or used to use cocaine as a means to stay freakishly thin.

That's only because heroin is so passe...

...ooohhh, that sounds just like a cue for a song....
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

It's a good song.

Dandy Warhols

===

Honestly, while I didn't know who Kate Moss was at first, it was only after seeing Family Guy that my memory was jogged.

She was never that hot in the first place. Most supermodels aren't. They're sticks that clothes hang well off of, moving mannequins.
                  B♭3

Comment

Working...
                  X