• Show
Clear All

• The definition of irony...

Naomi Campbell Defends Kate Moss
    Sep 26 11:44 AM US/Eastern

By KIM HOUSEGO
    Associated Press Writer

BOGOTA, Colombia

Naomi Campbell has spoken out in support of Kate Moss, who has lost three modeling contracts and is being investigated by London police on allegations that she used cocaine.

"Kate Moss is my friend ... I think it's like everybody is being bad to her," the 35-year-old supermodel told a news conference Sunday in the Colombian capital where she was judging a modeling competition.

"It's not the first time it has happened in the world ... it's really like a vendetta," said Campbell, who has said that she nearly self- destructed from her use of cocaine.

Pictures published in a British tabloid appeared to show Moss using cocaine. Moss, 31, issued a statement last week apologizing to "all the people I have let down."

"I take full responsibility for my actions," she said. Her statement stopped short of specifying whether she had used cocaine.

Meanwhile, the modeling agency in London that represents Moss said it would support her in the face of the allegations.

"I feel compelled to speak out in defense of Kate Moss following recent days of speculation and, in many cases, ill-informed and inaccurate stories," Sarah Doukas, director of the Storm agency, said in a statement Sunday.

"I know Kate, and I have represented her for the last 18 years. Over this time she has consistently demonstrated herself to be a professional and exceptional model and a loyal, special and dear friend to me and countless others," Doukas said.

Campbell said it was wrong to blame the modeling industry for drug abuse and eating disorders among young women.

She agreed to take part in a program run by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Colombia to raise awareness about human trafficking.

Campbell said she wanted to help in "providing a safe environment for models and preventing exploitation of human beings."

More than a dozen Colombian models from the Elite modeling agency recently attended a U.N. course in Bogota on how to spread the message about the risks of being lured abroad and sexually exploited.

Colombian police estimate that up to 50,000 Colombians, including many underage girls and boys, have been forced into prostitution, mainly in Japan, Spain and Holland.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

Really, who cares if some b!tch is so stupid that she takes drugs ? If she does, send her to jail and tell about that instead of that they "feel sorry".
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Models and people in the modeling industry defending one of their own.

How's that ironic?
        B♭3

Comment

There are drugs in the modelling business!? What is the world coming too?

"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

I think the bolded part is the Irony.

Comment

People in support of cocaine abuse speaking from Columbia. Were we not suppose to expect that?
              B♭3

Comment

Pretty overrated anyways.

If anybody uses the excuse that my role model used drugs so I should too deserves what they get.

Comment

This hypocrisy at its finest. It has hardly been a secret the modeling business is full of cocaine snorters and I don't think Kate Moss ever pretended to be a saint either. Her 'unconventional' lifestyle even added to her appeal. Companies like H&M were bloody well aware of that.
                  Heck, I even bet they got some coke users amongst their own management.

And now they cry foul? Oh please gimme a break.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Coke is a stimulant. Stimulant decrease hunger. Today's standards of beauty are warped, and very difficult to achieve without surgery - please note the Marilyn Monroe would be considered fat in today's Hollywood or fashion industries, few slender women have naturally big breasts, and most female models today have a very shallow rib cage (front to back). Yes it's stupid, but the pressure to stay in your social group, and to continue to make money can be monstrous. It's sad (and I don't consider Kate Moss paticularly good looking FYI).
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                      This hypocrisy at its finest. It has hardly been a secret the modeling business is full of cocaine snorters and I don't think Kate Moss ever pretended to be a saint either. Her 'unconventional' lifestyle even added to her appeal. Companies like H&M were bloody well aware of that.
                      Heck, I even bet they got some coke users amongst their own management.

And now they cry foul? Oh please gimme a break.
                      Word up I agree with chocalte head.

This is singling out Kate Moss when the whole industry is knee deep in this crap.

It's the exact damn same situation as singling out pro atheletes who are using the juice.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                        Really, who cares if some b!tch is so stupid that she takes drugs ? If she does, send her to jail and tell about that instead of that they "feel sorry".
                        You're being too lenient.

A REAL MAN would have sent her to the firing squad.

Firing Squad
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think DanS was on some illicit drugs when he made this thread.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

DanS is a closet meth user, I know it, Mister Fun knows it, all of Apolyton knows it.

COME ON DAN S COME CLEAN!!!

Comment

DanS should set up an investigating committee to investigate his own alleged drug use.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X