Likud backs Sharon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likud backs Sharon

In an uncharecteristic fit of pragmatism, the Likud central committee has rejected hardline Bibi Netanyahu's challenge to the leadership of Ariel Sharon.

I suspect it was partly that they feared Sharon would breakaway to form his own party, which would have marginalized them. Sharon stared them down, and they blinked.

He who dares, wins.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I would normally hurray this, but since hamas celebrated by firing a bunch of rockets of the wrong kind ind the wrong direction, I'll wait a bit before cherring. Though, I think that Sharon is better to handle this situation than Netanyahu would be.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Pretty good news. With any luck, We will finally see the end of Netanyauh.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        Pretty good news. With any luck, We will finally see the end of Netanyauh.

WATCH YOUR BACK FRENCHY!!!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

actually, politically im of mixed mind about this.

If Sharon had lost, and then lost a primary, he probably would have broken with Likud and formed a new centrist party - and I suspect hed have done far better than previous attempts to forma new center party in Israel. And the hardliners in Likud would have been marginalized. A cleaner result than Sharon continuing to lead a party with some very hardline elements, as well as more pragmatic ones. A party that its much harder for Labor to enter into long term coalition with than a Sharon focused center-right party.

OTOH, I admire the mans sheer will power. His nerve. HIs drive.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

In an uncharecteristic fit of pragmatism,

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes, I also believe that Likud would have been left out in the cold if they have forced him to create his own party. Almost a shame.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Almost a shame.

Not almost, a REAL shame.

Likud dying
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Netanyahu isn't so much a hardliner as an opportunistic politician motivated entirely by his own self interest.
                  Likud dying
                  There needs to be...'Change'... in government. Wait a minute...that's their slogan, just in English. Damn, I thought I was being original.
                  "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                  X