Largest treasure in World history found on Robinson Crusoe Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest treasure in World history found on Robinson Crusoe Island

A group of adventurers have found an estimated 600 barrels of gold coins and Incan jewels on the remote Pacific island.

Discuss
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

still shouldn't our robot friend get some of the claim too - without it they would never have found it?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Wish that someone had buried that in my backyard, but as usual the state claims it's theirs

Guess that Robbie wouldn't have that eager to be rescued if he had known what he was walking on.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yarrrr, shiverrrr me timbers....
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Neat!
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

That robot seems fascinating. He must be thumping the ground and detecting vawes as they rebound. I'd love to find out more.

Comment

Inca statues...

Very rare...
              Very nice
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Maybe I've watched Pirates of the Caribbean too many times, but I'm not sure I'd want gold that was stolen from the Inca by the Spanish.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                  Maybe I've watched Pirates of the Caribbean too many times, but I'm not sure I'd want gold that was stolen from the Inca by the Spanish.
                  Isn't gold just gold ?
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Not if it's cursed gold.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

$10 billion?!
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                        Not if it's cursed gold.
                        Oh, no problem - I'm an atheist so just send all your cursed gold to me, and I'll handle it. If you don't trust me, then try sending me your bank account no, and I'll show how reliable I am - oups wrong thingie - should be

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I seriously doubt that a private expedition would get away with this loot nowadays. specially since any real Inca artifacts could be claimed as National patrimony.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                            I seriously doubt that a private expedition would get away with this loot nowadays. specially since any real Inca artifacts could be claimed as National patrimony.
                            Unless I'm wrong, noone has yet seen the gold - they have just fonund something 25 meters in the ground.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

In one of the last chapters of Robinson Crusoe, aren't there some guys there searching for gold? Also, why did Robinson not find it himself? I mean OK, he didn't exist, but they were people like him. What was that name. Alexander Selkirk?

Comment

Working...
                              X