Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy Sheehan arrested

link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1160430

WASHINGTON Sep 26, 2005 — Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son's death in Iraq to spur the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching."
    dicuss

EDIT: Found a better one: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/....ap/index.html
    Last edited by mrboo123; September 26, 2005, 16:23.
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

BFD. She wanted to get arrested, so she was arrested. Nothing to discuss.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Can't find anything to discuss. The police has the right to ask people to move on and arrest them if they don't.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm just wondering what she got arrested for... too close to the White House or something? And how long before someone will scream 'fasictism'.

plus, after years of lurking in the OT, I've decied to add something to it
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
          I'm just wondering what she got arrested for
          Looks like it was loitering, according to the article.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

FASICTISM!!!
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
              I'm just wondering what she got arrested for... too close to the White House or something? And how long before someone will scream 'fasictism'.

plus, after years of lurking in the OT, I've decied to add something to it
              isn't it fascism and decided?

besides, you're operating under false pretences. it's impossible to add to the OT.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

isn't it fascism and decided?

besides, you're operating under false pretences. it's impossible to add to the OT.

Yes, I suck spelling

*points to sig*

Comment

We got her!!!!!
                  #1 on the list before Saddam and OSL.
                  Hot Damn! Freedom is on the march!!!
                  What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                  What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I happen to like that image more than
                    B♭3

Comment

Thank God!

When I was in Washington last year, people sitting on the sidewalks were SUCH a problem. Good thing they're finally cleaning up.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Almost worked.

Got her in the news again and ALMOST got us talking about it.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pax
                          We got her!!!!!
                          #1 on the list before Saddam and OSL.
                          Hot Damn! Freedom is on the march!!!
                          QFT
                          What?

Comment

sigh...

I don't like Cindy Sheehan.

She hasn't added anything to the Iraq war debate. She was against the war before her son went. Her son died. She is still against the war. She hasn't revealed any ground-breaking information about the Bush administration. She just camped outside his ranch at Crawford Texas and created a media circus.

Big deal.

IMO, she does more to hurt the debate than help it. Because instead of discussing the Iraq war, the media discusses her.

I don't know if she wanted to get arrested or not. I don't know if this was a PR stunt or not. One wonders if it was.

I just want her to go away. Get off my TV.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, the media has a fixation with white women. Cindy Sheehan, that white woman who got lost in one of those Caribbean islands...
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X