No announcement yet.

My room is now a sweatshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, our house has voted to shut down one of my other housemates' drug dealing businesses. He's now looking for other employment and tutoring might work since he's a mathematical genius.
    Is he in prison? If not, why not?
    I no longer use this account.

Comment

There's plenty of foreign students at my uni... so I was thinking of being an english tutor. TEFL certificates are relatively easy and cheap to get. What d'you reckon?

Comment

Pekka- clearly the attitudes in the house would be against such operations inthe same way they were against drug dealing.

Is he in prison? If not, why not?

No, because this is Berkeley.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

latest update: the drug guy is moving into the gambling business.
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
            What d'you reckon?
            I reckon that the competition is going to be fierce.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I reckon that the competition is going to be fierce.
              I disagree. While at Yale, students were coming to me for tutoring. A lot of universities has web bulletins for foreign students, which are useful for just about everyone. Often students will post requests for tutors. I can't imagine it being difficult to find a student. Beware, in my case, a lot of the women I tutored were quite hot (I wonder why that was ), so keep your girlfriend in mind when selecting a student.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This thread ****ing rules. The drugs/gambling math guy is somewhat of a an anti-hero I identify with already.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Until I met this guy I had no idea one could be hardcore nerd and hardcore stoner at the same time. Yet he's managed to integrate the two lifestyles seamlessly. It's like he's a living embodiment of the quote "There were two things that came from Berkeley: UNIX and LSD, this is not believed to be coincedence."

He pwns at FPS games while tripping on shrooms.

Comment

Is his picture available in poster size?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                      This thread ****ing rules. The drugs/gambling math guy is somewhat of a an anti-hero I identify with already.
                      Anti?
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                      X