Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Design a political economy/economics reading program for Dracon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design a political economy/economics reading program for Dracon.

Well...

Calvin & Hobbes

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
      Calvin & Hobbes
      John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes?

Comment

who else?

Comment

Check in with me in a few days. I'm packing tonight and will be away from home until Wednesday.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Narrow the field somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
              Narrow the field somewhat.
              Hmm... well I s'pose I'm more interested in macro-economics and international political economy. Was hoping to get separate programs from Marxists and Capitalists.

I've study a couple of courses that deal with economics and political economy, but I have really been able to nail it very well... nor have I really dealt with the classics in both classical/neo-classical, or marxian economics (I've read a bit of Marx, and a lot of Marx... but I'm still missing a lot of stuff, not to mention his many disciples).

It's just that economics seems to be the only thing worth debating in the world at the moment, and I want to arm myself

Comment

Then check out the globalization debate and take the capitalist side. That's what I do and it's good fun depending on whom you're debating with

Comment

Economics, By Paul Samuelson
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

macro, Dornbusch and Fischer.

Political economy - we capitalists relegate study of the state to Political scientists, not economists.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                    X