Calling all Chefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Chefs

I bought a pound of jumbo scallops and would like to have them for dinner tomorrow.

I thought I'd ask you guys for your suggestions on how to prepare/serve/cook them.

One idea is to wrap bacon around them but I'm sure u guys have much better ones
    Who is Barinthus?

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sauteé them in olive oil and serve them in an Alfredo sauce over fettucini.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

that did occur to me.

done that so many times i figured why not ask for fresh ideas.

Beside personally I think the fettucini one is more suited for smaller size not jumbo sized.

I could always cut them up alto.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Scallops wrapped in Bacon are so good...why not stick with the orignal plan?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I suppose I could
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Pancetta is better than US/Canadain/Danish whatever bacon if you can get a hold of it. Add a sprig of thyme in the parcel too.

Comment

If you want to make them sinfully good, find yourself a genuine salt-cured bacon. These have a much better taste, but are quite a bit more expensive.

Simple sautee them in garlic and butter. And then take some lipitor.

BTW - I gave up that style of cooking in my 30's.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Marinate them.
                  or make carpaccio out of them.

more classic:
                  Cut them in half, put them in flower.
                  Hot, hot pan--> 10 seconds each side, pepper, salt-->eat!!!
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Are they fresh?

Steam them until cooked with chopped spring onions and ginger "ribbons."
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm kind of sold right now - bacon it is.

Shawnmmerc - what is lipitor?
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Drug to lower Cholesterol...
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A cholesterol medication.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

A way for pharmas to get rich.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ahhhh just eat oatmeal everyday it helps to clean out cholesterol
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                              X