Peace Rally in DC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Rally in DC.

CNN has reported 600,000 people have shown up and the DC police have shut down the metro lines for some reason. I'm not sure why.

I'm not sure how effective mass demonstrations are but it does show a lot of people are very unhappy with the Bush Administration's policies in Iraq.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

600,000 people have shown up? I'm here. There aren't 600,000 people here. I guarantee it.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

According to Fox News, this group is pro-Saddam and pro-terrorist.

There sure are a lot of them, ain't there?

Comment

The metros are working fine as far as I know. If things are shut down, they're probably metro stops near the protests. And there can't be 600,000 protestors. There aren't even 600,000 people in the entire city. And traffic would be hell if that many people came.

Anyway, I went and left. It was pretty standard fare for DC protests.
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          According to Fox News, this group is pro-Saddam and pro-terrorist.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Maybe it's just a really quiet and peaceful peace rally.

Comment

Peaceful as far as I can see, but it's loud.
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I just saw the B-movie XXX2. There were some DC brothas and sistas starting some fuzz. But they weren't exactly pacifists.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                X