Naughty Vatican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naughty Vatican

OK, this is not a babe thread. I will only post picture of one babe, which is relevant to the thread topic, but will be perfectly safe. So, no moderator action needed

Carla "I'm here to kick ass and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum" del Ponte...

...accused the Vatican of hiding Croatian war criminals

She said: "I have information he is hiding in a Franciscan monastery and so the Catholic Church is protecting him. I have taken this up with the Vatican and the Vatican refuses totally to co-operate with us."

In July, Mrs del Ponte travelled to Rome to share her intelligence with the Vatican's ''foreign minister'', Archbishop Giovanni Lajolo.

He refused to help, telling her the Vatican was not a state and thus had "no international obligations" to help the UN to hunt war criminals.

Mrs del Ponte complained: "They said they have no intelligence and I don't believe that. I think that the Catholic Church has the most advanced intelligence services."

[...]

Mrs del Ponte finally wrote to the Pope directly. Several weeks later, she has received no reply.

Naughty Vatican indeed.

Brave woman though

The Vatican also seemed to think it was above international law with regard to Rwandan suspects too...

A Rwandan priest wanted by a UN war crimes tribunal to face charges of genocide is in hiding in Italy.
    The Roman Catholic church authorities in Florence have denied obstructing his arrest.

They say the priest has simply gone to an unspecified address in the city to escape the attention of reporters.

I love that last bit- 'Your honour, the defendant cannot be found, because they're camera shy, not because we're hiding them, honest.'
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

But Vatican is somewhat above international law. I don't think the international courts nor their founder the UN Security Council would try to seriously pressure Vatican about something. If Vatican is hiding someone, he'll remain hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

But Vatican is somewhat above international law. I don't think the international courts nor their founder the UN Security Council would try to seriously pressure Vatican about something. If Vatican is hiding someone, he'll remain hidden.
        In the case of Paul Touvier not always, thankfully:

Revelations that he had been sheltered over the years by the Catholic church hierarchy in Lyon and later by right-wing clerics elsewhere reminded the French people of something many would prefer to forget: the comfortable wartime relationship between the French Catholic hierarchy and the puppet Vichy government, regarded by many clergymen as a savior from leftist politicians and ideas.
        Discover the latest breaking news in CA and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: Naughty Vatican (babe thread)

Originally posted by VetLegion

Brave woman though
          Wow, an unexpected word from a Croatian (maybe I should have known you better? ). I mean, Del Ponte wasn't precisely conciliant with Croatian politics.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
          X