Now you know everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you know everything.

The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.

No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer. So did the first "MarlboroMan."

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

Pearls melt in vinegar.

The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

(I keep my toothbrush in the living room now!)

Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first U.S. president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second? William Jefferson Clinton. (Please don't tell me you're SURPRISED!?!!) sure doesn't surprise me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the best for last.....

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Now you know everything there is to know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Share some more interesting trivia facts.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Re: Now you know everything.

Originally posted by Oerdin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Share some more interesting trivia facts.
    Aha, a scientist with far too much time on his hands disagrees! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3086890.stm

As far an 'interesting' fact of my own..?

Ducks quack in regional accents... giving you ducks that speak in 'Cockney' http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3775799.stm

Comment

The record is twelve.

As for several of the rest...somebody hasn't been watching Mythbusters.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Somebody cut and paste this from an e0mail.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

AFAIK Mythbusters did a test on this, but it still echo'ed... I didn't see that episode myself though so I might be mistaking

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

Mythbusters did a test on this too, but even the toothbrushes placed far far away from the toilet (in a differnet room) had some particles on it... you shouldn't worry though
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I did 8 with a large and thin paper. And I see above someone claims 12.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
              Mythbusters did a test on this too, but even the toothbrushes placed far far away from the toilet (in a differnet room) had some particles on it... you shouldn't worry though
              I wouldn't worry about it. There'll be more particles in your mouth than there are on the toothbrush anyway!

Comment

Are you sure that "Exxon" isn't the most valuable brand name on Earth?

BTW, good to see you back Oerdin.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Turtles can breathe through their butts.
                  Next, on mythbusters!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
                    It's Coca Cola, Microsoft, IBM, in that order.

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
                      Bull****

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Bull****. You burn 15% more per hour watching TV

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

Uranus and Pluto also have retrograde rotation

I don't know whether or not dentists have reccommended it, but it has no basis in scientific fact. The only people I know of to have done any such experimentation (Mythbusters on Discovery) found fecal coliform bascteria on toothbrushes no matter where they were placed in the bathroom.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oerdin's list of trivia sucks.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

pigs can't look up

the little depression under the middle of your nose is called the filtrum
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                            Oerdin's list of trivia sucks.
                            Well thats one thing we've leant

Comment

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                              X