Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football and the Polls question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n your analogy, I would rank SF higher than St. Louis until St.Louis either beat them or obtained a better record

I'm sorry, but you lost any respect I may have had for you right there....

Though I think you are just being silly in order to back your point.

I cannot believe, for one second that you do not forecast which team is better. That's just silly.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Then you would have 3 teams that should be ranked very close to each other, but I can guarantee you they wouldn't be.
      Why wouldn't they be, at the end of the season?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        n your analogy, I would rank SF higher than St. Louis until St.Louis either beat them or obtained a better record

I'm sorry, but you lost any respect I may have had for you right there....

Though I think you are just being silly in order to back your point.

I cannot believe, for one second that you do not forecast which team is better. That's just silly.
        HA HA HA HA. I lost your respect because I would rank the team who won the game higher than the team who lost, until the losing team proved they were better than the winning team on the field.

You have proven my point. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Why wouldn't they be, at the end of the season?
          Is your point that they would be ranked incorrectly now, but for some reason at the end of the season they would be ranked correctly?

If so, at which week do the pollsters decide to rank teams correctly?

Is this early inaccurate ranking something that all the pollsters have agreed to?

Your position seems a little silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Something tells me that this is highly unlikely.
            I bet Michigan will be favored.

Comment

I can guarantee a Michigan victory, simply by betting on Michigan State.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
              X