No announcement yet.

North Korea agrees to give up nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most of you have unrealistic expectations. GePap has it right; this agreement is a good thing and, frankly, about the best America could hope to get.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Dear Leader is not a nutjob. He maybe egotistical or even megalomanical, but he is far from crazy.

You are in trouble if you think he's batty.
      Kidnapping South Korean actresses because Kim liked their performance in a movie isn't even a little weird? By all reports the guy is at least very excentric and he's likely at least a bit batty just like Saddam was though that doesn't mean he can't be a very effective dictator.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It probably enhances his effectiveness. Kim won't play it by the rules, and diplomats and statesmen from 'conventional' countries are at loss how to deal with it.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
          Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, particularly because of the question of what did N. Korea get out of the deal?
          1. "Energy assistance"
          2. The US selling (?) them light water reactors
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well now North Korea says it won't rejoin the NPT or allow UN inspections UNTIL the US builds it a light-water reactor.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

Well, at least they're up-front about it instead of skulking around behind diplomatic agreements for eight years before getting caught with their pants down.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

In exchange, the United States, China, Japan, Russia and South Korea have "stated their willingness" to provide energy assistance to North Korea, as well as promote economic cooperation.
                Subsidising the axis of evil?

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                  It probably enhances his effectiveness. Kim won't play it by the rules, and diplomats and statesmen from 'conventional' countries are at loss how to deal with it.
                  Not really, everyone is going to talk nicely but basically he's doomed. Its only a matter of time.

And all the indications are he is unhinged - if you were worshipped like a God since childhood you would be too.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Not really, everyone is going to talk nicely but basically he's doomed. Its only a matter of time.

And all the indications are he is unhinged - if you were worshipped like a God since childhood you would be too.
                    He'd been doomed far earlier if he'd been rational. His unpredictability is his main weapon.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

even the jungle wanted him dead
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I bet they don't even have nukes
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

there is no evidence they have them

Comment

Working...
                          X