Pekka Recommends pt I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pekka Recommends pt I

Welcome to new quality section of Pekka Recommends. These threads will feature high quality picks of mine with ultimate superiority in all fields of life and art. Cinema, literature, music, you name it, we got it.

This first one will be cinema, and Hollywood comedy.

Let me present.. ta-tatta--tata--ta-ta-ataaa!

Wedding Crashers.

A movie, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson meets again in brilliant screenplay and excellent timing. As we all know, comedy being the most difficult genre of cinema, and all about timing, this movie has it.

John Beckwith (Owen Wilson) and Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) are friends in their 30s, playing the art of players as wedding crashers. Together they form a team that assumes different identities, to fit the wedding, and crash them to party for free and meet hot girls. The setting is unique and gives a whole new field of comedy to be played out. Will Ferrell has a small role in this, but it is so wonderful and funny it suits Will more than any other role in this movie.

The new writer team Bob Fisher & Steve Faber are clearly new talents of comedy writing, and much of the brilliant dialogue and accurate timing has to be credited on them.

The movie is not perfect though.. it starts dragging about from the middle to the end, but at the end it picks up again and finishes great. But the movie overall tops the dragging moments and finishes as one of the best comedies in the year of 2005. I'm very much looking forward seeing another Fisher&Faber film, which is in pre-production called Where's The Millers. I'm also hoping that the rumours of Vince Vaughn stepping out of Hollywood scene will turn out to be false and that Vince wants to continue his brilliant roles, where he usually is overgrown man, or simply an *******.

Pekka gives 4 stars to the movie and warmly recommends this to everyone, guys, girls and couples. Maybe not for the little kids because of the language and sex jokes. If you liked Old School, you will love this.

Be on a lookout for the next Pekka Recommends
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

The 40 year old virgin was funnier.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

do you think it is accurate to say wedding crashers or 40 year old virgin, you know, that kind of movies, are "men movies" in the same way those meg ryan romantic comedias are "chick flics"?
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
        do you think it is accurate to say wedding crashers or 40 year old virgin, you know, that kind of movies, are "men movies" in the same way those meg ryan romantic comedias are "chick flics"?
        Nah, my wife nearly pissed herself laughing during Wedding Crashers. I was a tad nervous that people nearby might not appreciate her laughing out loud, but it was infectious and spread like wildfire - everyone was busting a gut.

Comment

I TOLD YOU IT WAS FUNNY!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
            Not at all, everyone was laughing out loud in both movies.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Re: Pekka Recommends pt I

Originally posted by Pekka
              Welcome to new quality section of Pekka Recommends. These threads will feature high quality picks of mine with ultimate superiority in all fields of life and art. Cinema, literature, music, you name it, we got it.

This first one will be cinema, and Hollywood comedy.

Let me present.. ta-tatta--tata--ta-ta-ataaa!

Wedding Crashers.

A movie, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson meets again in brilliant screenplay and excellent timing. As we all know, comedy being the most difficult genre of cinema, and all about timing, this movie has it.

John Beckwith (Owen Wilson) and Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) are friends in their 30s, playing the art of players as wedding crashers. Together they form a team that assumes different identities, to fit the wedding, and crash them to party for free and meet hot girls. The setting is unique and gives a whole new field of comedy to be played out. Will Ferrell has a small role in this, but it is so wonderful and funny it suits Will more than any other role in this movie.

The new writer team Bob Fisher & Steve Faber are clearly new talents of comedy writing, and much of the brilliant dialogue and accurate timing has to be credited on them.

The movie is not perfect though.. it starts dragging about from the middle to the end, but at the end it picks up again and finishes great. But the movie overall tops the dragging moments and finishes as one of the best comedies in the year of 2005. I'm very much looking forward seeing another Fisher&Faber film, which is in pre-production called Where's The Millers. I'm also hoping that the rumours of Vince Vaughn stepping out of Hollywood scene will turn out to be false and that Vince wants to continue his brilliant roles, where he usually is overgrown man, or simply an *******.

Pekka gives 4 stars to the movie and warmly recommends this to everyone, guys, girls and couples. Maybe not for the little kids because of the language and sex jokes. If you liked Old School, you will love this.

Be on a lookout for the next Pekka Recommends
              as an arm-chair (inside humor) movie enthusiast

I enjoy the wedding crashers as simply humourous and entertaining

as for the medal of honor scheme..yes low life to disrespect vets but seriously these dudes were dispicpable

picking up chicks at a funeral thats worse than p/u at a family reunion

again I find Pekka very informed on another subject
              Attached Files
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

GT whips out another classic photo

trying to keep my mind blank....

but he IS looking
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                X