Terrible movie posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible movie posters

Here's your chance to nominate movie posters that are triumphs of stupidity over design. Perhaps they suck on a technical level. Perhaps they're cliche-riddled, committee-designed tosh. Perhaps they're just really, really dumb.

Edit: Just like my ability to post images.
    Last edited by Sandman; September 18, 2005, 10:31.

Uh, are the posters meant to be visible to the naked eye, or do we need special optical equipment ?

I'd nominate the poster for the revamp of 'The Mod Squad', because it had splashed across it the blurb:

'hot soundtrack!', which given that it was meant to be a film and not a music c.d., should have given anyone pause for thought.

'The Third Man'- hither for the zither ! I think not...
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

D'oh. I can never get this stupid imagey stuff working quite right.

Help, it's the attack of the 60-foot orange Sean Connery! And look, they even managed to include a nice ripe cliche on the poster, namely an overly elaborate security laser system.

That tagline sucks as well. It's basically a rewording of the title. Imagine if, say, Spiderman's tagline was 'The man with the powers of a spider!' Or if Fight Club's tagline was 'The club where men fight!'
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sandman; September 18, 2005, 10:27.

Comment

It's a German poster. But that's no excuse.

I hate posters where a character is leaning into the frame from one side, as if they're too busy to stand in one place for a few seconds. It just comes across as stage-managed idiocy, rather like Dubya's recent experiment with rolled-up sleeves.

It's certainly a fortunate coincidence that a mass-manufactured robot should have the same facial structure as Robin Williams, minus the ravages of age, of course. In a final bitter twist, that flat-looking hover city in the background appears to have a pair of extended twin towers in it, complete with minute height difference.
        Attached Files

Comment

Crap film, crap poster.

Travolta's monstrous ego obviously spread beyond merely celluloid, taking over the posters as well. His 'menacing' visage encompasses a huge swathe of the poster, and his name appears at least three times, much like Williams in the poster above.

The most tragic aspect of this poster is the fact that every single spaceship is identical - they've just been resized and rotated. How cheap can you get?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

It's certainly a fortunate coincidence that a mass-manufactured robot should have the same facial structure as Robin Williams, minus the ravages of age, of course. In a final bitter twist, that flat-looking hover city in the background appears to have a pair of extended twin towers in it, complete with minute height difference.

They could have duplicated Williams' hairy chest with Brillo pads or iron filings too- give the robot that added touch of authenticity.

The film reeked.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I think they ran out of crayons...now it just looks lame

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
              X