Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Monster Raving Loony Party have room for 1 more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Monster Raving Loony Party have room for 1 more?

Canada complicit in Iraq war: British MP

Canadian Press

Saturday, September 17, 2005

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. (CP) -- Despite its refusal to fight in Iraq, Canada is complicit in the United States' war against terrorism and should withdraw from Afghanistan, an outspoken left-wing British MP said Saturday.

George Galloway was given a standing ovation before and after he spoke at the 6th annual conference of the Islamic Circle of North America and the Muslim Association of Canada.

Galloway is known for his vocal criticism of the war in Iraq and of leaders George W. Bush and Tony Blair.

He says Canada may not be fighting in Iraq, but it is doing the dirty work of Bush and Blair in Afghanistan.

Galloway says it's a lie to call Canadian troops peacekeepers since they're there to kill.

He called for an end to the Canadian occupation of Afghanistan.

© Canadian Press
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I think he's pretty lonely with his arguments. While Iraq is very unpopular and arguably not legit war, the action in Afghanistan is seen as just by many people and don't see those problems they see with Iraq. I'd keep it separate. They are just in the same region. That's it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Vote for insanity! You know it makes sense!

Comment

I always found the Natural Law Party more entertaining than the Rhino Party. With the Rhinos you knew their tongue was firmly planted in their cheek, but with Natural Law I always suspected at least some of them were serious.

Comment

If I remember correctly, there was some Canadian kill at the WTC.

Comment

While I like how Galloway has taken the Bushies to task about the war and the lies which lead to the war I can't help but feel he is more then a little on the loony side.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

GG might be a looney, but unfortunately he has many followers in the "anti-imperialism of fools" which believes in allying leftist anti-imperialism with islamism. He is also obsessed with himself. He uses the 'I' word constantly - and that's not 'Iraq', it's just 'I'.

Comment

tbh i don't think the monster raving looney party would take galloway seriously...
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                X