Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DaShi

Comment

What an excellent argument. Thankyou DaShi.

But for the record, "IM" instead of "IW" really ****ing pisses me off.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Oops! Curse my dyslexia!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
          I have a math background and also suggest option 2.
          I read the book maybe two years ago, thought it was good, though got maybe a bit bogged down and repetitive in the second half. Second half should have been condensed a bit...
          You comlpleyerly miiseeed the point. the secdind half was supposed to be frepetitive. Remembver when he discuseed isn one of his dialougeue s how it would be possibele to write a book where the actual point would end at somee random place but the book itself would continure>

That was self-referential, bithc.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The prood f o fthe unporvavblility of the MU theorem given the MI axiom and the manipultartory rules ais a cloassic example of the unpribvability of certain theorems in formal systems.

DUH.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

IT is impossible to probve MU from the igven axioms and manipuloatory rules, yet is also impossibnle to prove that MU is unprovable using onlty the manipulatroy rules of the ZMU formal systrtem.

IN this instance MU is a geodel statement . Ite is boht unprobvable and unprovable to be unprovable in the strcit formal system crated b the single axiom and 3 manipulatory rules.s
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

..and this is drunk!!! Can you imagine what this canuck could do when he is sober!!

Though one could wonder if he ever is...
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Just because I'm drunk doesn;t eman that I an;t remember the point of a given argumes.t

I may noy be able to reprocude every step, but my pholosophoical system is unaffeccted by my state of inebvriation

PS I called some of my friescnds Phillitinens bechause they didn;t lioke Brie tonmight

Than was funny.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Phiyenens = Philistines
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

You comlpleyerly miiseeed the point. the secdind half was supposed to be frepetitive. Remembver when he discuseed isn one of his dialougeue s how it would be possibele to write a book where the actual point would end at somee random place but the book itself would continure>

That was self-referential, bithc.
                      I still hold by my opinion.
                      It being repetitive, even if it was supposed to does not make it a good read.

Comment

Working...
                      X