Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seeker
    Naw...let's not be murderers.

But let the punishment fit the crime. I'd love it if the judge could sentence these ****s to endure exactly the same treatment they handed out.

In the child-sized cages.

For life.

The DP is the easy way out.
    In such cases i'm for the death penalty. Get rid of them, make sure they don't do it again, but don't sink to their level.
    What?

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

and about the whole bible thing, a guy named jesus said that it is wrong to kill, whatever the circumstances...
      allegedly
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
        Kids need the ability to protect themselves.
        I understand your concern but how would this have been prevented? Mandatory cell phones for all kids kept in cages so they can call for help?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

lo tirtzach vs lo taharog, IIUC.

Yep. I never got this part. Bible doesn't say anything against killing. And jesus? well, we all know how he ended up.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa

Impossible. Moses received the 10 commandments and one of them clearly says: You shall not kill. How can the same book then say that killing is okay?
            That is a disscusstion for anther thread. BUt I do think people like this need to be put to death. In the end though I bet they will only get a year in prison or some other light sentence. The United States, in my opion, does not protect children well enough and lightly punishes people who abuse children. That is wrong, we should do everything we can to protect Children. That is why I think that people who sexal abuse children should be put to death. They will never change and will continue to abuse children as long as they can.
            Donate to the American Red Cross.
            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Seriously, guys. It doesn't say "thou shall not kill". It says "thou shall not murder".
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                Seriously, guys. It doesn't say "thou shall not kill". It says "thou shall not murder".
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can't believe this, but I agree with Sava. That was also my first reaction when I heard the news. There are things that there is no excuse for, and there are things that show that some people should be gotten rid of. In a way, I can understand (sometimes) murder. Some murders are done because of momentary strong emotions, other murders are committed for personal profit. I'm definitely not advocating murder, god forbid, but I'm saying that you can, in some cases, understand why the murderer did it. However, for something like this, there is no reason other than evil twistedness. Torturing people like that, especially children, does quite warrant the death penalty.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                    You are right about that.
                    Donate to the American Red Cross.
                    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

okay just because I am a super forum troll doesn't mean you guys have to say ZOMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE I AGREE WITH SAVA

it's not as if I'm really off the political scale or anything... IIRC on political compass I am around -4 left economic and -4 social lib

I'm actually quite sensible.

I just choose not to be most of the time.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Murder is murder, by the state or an individual...
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Dude, I don't think that anyone around the forum considers you a troll. You wish you were a troll.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                            The United States, in my opion, does not protect children well enough and lightly punishes people who abuse children.
                            I, for one, think our society goes too far in protecting children (but I don't disagree that child abusers should face stiffer penalties).

But execution? That doesn't even fall into the "eye for an eye" category here, since the kids weren't murdered. I'm all for locking these scumbags up for a long, long time. I don't see how the circumstances merit killing anyone.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Plus, agreeing with you is rather surprising, if only on an instinct level . Then again, I also agree with a lot you say on Civ.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                                Dude, I don't think that anyone around the forum considers you a troll. You wish you were a troll.
                                really? I troll a lot... and people call me a troll...

if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck... it's not a duck?

alllllrighty then

Solver:
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X