L.A.: In the dark...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A.: In the dark...

Yesterday, al Qaeda made threats against LA.

Today at lunch, a massive power failure hit. I heard it stretched from the San Fernando Valley to San Pedro...which is pretty much to whole darn city.

Lots of people are jumpy because of the threat.

But this isn't al Qaeda's style. As far as I've heard, there's been no massive numbers of pointless deaths anywhere. I did see paramedics treating a woman for a boo-boo on her knee, but that's about it.

My best guess: Somewhere the flash-fried carcass of rat lies at the bottom of a transformer.

I think it's an empty threat .Why? LA is not a good target. One of the worst targets in the whole US. It's either just scaremongering, or chewbacca tactics.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Chewbacca tactics?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

yes.. as in look at here.. look at this, this is a chewbacca.. and in the meanwhile you do somethingf completely different.. I mean, to take off the concentration to the chewbacca while something completely different is happening.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Also known as a diversion.
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

energy trading is a greater threat to LA than al Qaeda
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ahh yes, thank you my friend, that was the word I was looking for.

Why do I feel more and more like Inspector Clouseau day by day? My English gets worse, and I'm more clumsy and .. generally more .. imbesil?
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                ... LA is not a good target. One of the worst targets in the whole US...
                I dunno. Hollywood is the origin for American's McCulture.

Comment

And where are you going to cause damage exactly? No, it sucks as a target.
                  In da butt.

Comment

let the rioting begin
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      Chewbacca tactics?

It's derived from the Chewbacca defense.

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself!

But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: Ladies and gentlemen this [pointing to a picture of Chewbacca] is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! (Background: Damnit! What? He's using the Chewbacca defense!) Why would a Wookiee—an eight foot tall Wookiee—want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more important, you have to ask yourself, what does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense!

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

If Chewbacca lived on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have close to LA, and everthing is fine. People that I know that live in LA told me that the power was only off for about 20 to 30 minutes for them. Power is already starting to be restored to the city. The only real thing that I saw that it affected was that since the power went out it messed up all the traffic lights and many are now 4 way stops. Thus creating some traffic jams. Other than that everything is fine where I am at.
                        Donate to the American Red Cross.
                        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

CNN
                          Worker error kills power to half of L.A.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- About 700,000 electric customers in Los Angeles lost power Monday afternoon after a worker mistakenly cut a wrong line, triggering a cascade of problems in the city's power grid, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power said.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Berkeley lost power around 5:00 AM this morning for about an hour.

Hmmm....
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Did that include power to the experimental time machine?
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X