No announcement yet.

FEMA Chief Resigning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Coast Guard Rear Admiral is filling in for the mean time.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Bush didn't even know about the resignation until a reporter asked him about it.

They really let this man walk around perpetually clueless, don't they?
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, why didn't he get the omnicient pill like every other president?
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

He's been working. Probably going to need another vacation after all that work.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that folks in the administration knew about his resignation long before that reporter did. So there's no reason the president shouldn't have.

Besides, it's a dumb answer even if he didn't. "I don't want to comment on that at the moment" would suffice and then he could go into huddle with his handlers and get the scoop instead of looking like he's once again completely out of touch.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, why didn't he get the omnicient pill like every other president?
              Yeah, why doesnt he know when one of his own top level chiefs resigns?
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Cause that only happens if its a post he cares about- given the fact he gave the post to a guy who spent his time judging horses, its not like Bush really ever cared about FEMA..I mean, come on, its just another liberal tax and spend idea.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Bush didn't even know about the resignation until a reporter asked him about it.

They really let this man walk around perpetually clueless, don't they?
                  I can't believe that this was a surprise to Bush that Brown was going to resign. I think that Bush or one of his aids ask him to resign because of all the things coming out of the press about Brown. Maybe he did not know the exact timing.

I know why Bush seems like he is clueless. Bush never reads any newspapers or watchs TV news because he thinks the media has a liberal bias. He is also srounded by yes men that are afraid of displeasing President Bush. There is a article in Newsweek about why President Bush screwed up on the relief effort, and I am trying to see if I can find a copy in any store to read it.
                  Donate to the American Red Cross.
                  Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    Cause that only happens if its a post he cares about- given the fact he gave the post to a guy who spent his time judging horses, its not like Bush really ever cared about FEMA..I mean, come on, its just another liberal tax and spend idea.
                    I dont think that is the case. After this I doubt anyone is going to downplay FEMA or appoint political hacks to high level ranks of FEMA, I doubt the Senate would allow it. I dont think that Bush hates FEMA. I think that FEMA actually helped Bush win the state of Florida in the 2004 Election.
                    Donate to the American Red Cross.
                    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                      I know Why do you think I spam the Community forum so much?
                      Ah, confession
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www

I dont think that is the case. After this I doubt anyone is going to downplay FEMA or appoint political hacks to high level ranks of FEMA, I doubt the Senate would allow it. I dont think that Bush hates FEMA. I think that FEMA actually helped Bush win the state of Florida in the 2004 Election.
                        Except Bush. First off, saying that the Senate would have caught it is sort of strange-the Senate lets no talent hacks get confirmed all the time if they aren;t being placed in one of the more important cabinet positions-as long as you don;t show utter incompetence, whatever.

As for FEMA helping out in Florida-those responses were no where in the same scale, and honestly, after the third time, who would not be prepared to do the same thing over again?
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Will this FEMA chief Michael Brown douche go down in history as one of the worst bureaucratic asshats ever?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                            President Bush has already picked someone to replace Brown, R. David Paulison. This guys looks like he has a lot more experience then Brown. He was a firefighter and ran a fire department and his current position is U.S. Fire Administrator. Finally someone who actually knows what they are doing, at least I hope. I though think President Bush and his aids pushed Brown out and told him he had to resign. Look at how quick they named a replacement.
                            Paulison is the gentleman who suggested that we all buy duct tape to protect ourselves from a chemical or biological attack.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              Will this FEMA chief Michael Brown douche go down in history as one of the worst bureaucratic asshats ever?
                              If there is a just and loving God in the universe, yes.

Therefore, no.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X