No announcement yet.

Ukraine: The Death of the Orange Coalition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sense is that the corruption has been largely among Tymoshenkos opponents, notably the security minister, and Yushenkos son.

So theres dissent and cabinet crises. That happens in democracies, ya know.

It will be up to the voters in future elections to decide whom to keep in office.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      It's really sad what the breakup of SSSR did to Ukraine. I think it was one of the worst hit countries.
      How much of that was the breakup, and how much A. Decline that had set in UNDER the USSR, lack of reinvestment in old plant, etc and B. The loss of captive markets in central europe - which was occuring whether the USSR per se stayed together or not.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        So theres dissent and cabinet crises. That happens in democracies, ya know.
        Well, the cabinet was made inoperant because too many ministers (included Tymosahenko herself) ran for themselves rather than as a team. This led to bad policies. In particular, the ambitious plan to re-assess the past privatizations has been completely emptied. If you add the fact that those people continued corruption (and even increased it, if we are to believe this disgruntled top aide), it considerably weakens the trust one can have in those in power.

The Orange revolution led to something dysfunctional to begin with. However, with any luck, the creation of a new government based on actual party lines can get the job done, at least until the next parliamentary elections.

However, I started this thread as a reminder that Yushchenko wasn't the wonderboy he was made out to be 8 months ago. In only 8 months, his team suffers from scandals of corruption, cronyism and incompetence. The ambition showed in january (to bring Ukraine in the EU) is completely forgotten already. The relationship with Moscow has grown better.

With this crisis, it seems Yushchenko has achieved the process of bringing Ukraine back to politics as usual. And considering Tymoshenko's behaviour, that's probably for the best.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

she got the biscuits queen whatever of star wars in the wrong place.

Comment

MILF! MILF! MILF! MILF!
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Bereta beat me to the Star Wars line

Yulia Timoshenko Organa anyone?

Comment

Whose Organa does she get? :cue Ted Stryker:
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I guess this thread needs mor pics.

On the picture below:

"Get the f*ck out means that way, my dear Yulia"
                  Attached Files

Comment

So, where is Fezzy and other folks who creamed their pants during Orange revolution?
                    Hellow, are you here? So what you andvanced democratic pro-western liberal candidate did for the Ukraine? Where is Ukranian economic miracle? I can't see it so far. But what I can see is exactly what I predicted - they f*cked things up.
                    Corruption is way worse now. Your belowed liberals caused series of crises. Gas prices, meat prices, grain prices, etc. skyrocketed. Sure such professional liberal economists such as Timoshenko quickly found the way how to handle this problem and they've established a FIXED prices. Fixed prices is all what communism was about. Great liberal move, my ass. Not to mention they nationalized (actually took property from former "wrong" owners and gave it to "proper" owners) and still nationalize most valuable Ukranian enterprises.
                    Liberals
                    People who being in the opposition to them, are thrown away from their jobs. Some of them go directly into jails.
                    Democrats
                    Ukrain has a great future if you ask me. Keep up the good work!

This is the GDP growth comparison. 2004 - the government of Yanukovich. 2005- the government of Timoshenko.
                    Enjoy the success of your belowed pro-western candidate and his team.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So, where is Fezzy and other folks who creamed their pants during Orange revolution?

Fezzy doesn't post around any more.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Elite Spanish Commando Gay Squad?
                        G.W. Bush team?

Where is he?

Comment

Where is Ted Striker when you need him?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ukraine grew over 10% in 2004.? Are you sure? It's a "tigrish" growth rate not shown by other transitional economies.

Comment

That's the funnest pic of the Belorussian president ever.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                                Ukraine grew over 10% in 2004.? Are you sure? It's a "tigrish" growth rate not shown by other transitional economies.
                                I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE. The government of Yanukovich was the most successful Ukranian government EVER!

But, no Yushenko is so-western, so-democratic, so-liberal.
                                You laughted at me back then, now I laugh, 'caus I was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X