Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many eductaed people wear glasses/contacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many eductaed people wear glasses/contacts?

I hear you say it's because they read so much and start so early but guess what so do I, and I started reading when I was 4. I neverneeded glasses in my entire life. Also, many "intelligent" / "educated" people I know are weak and geeky, so why am I not, when at the same time I'm just as clever as they are?

Are geeks really inferior to normal people?

(insert obvious trolling comment saying that just proves you are not smart)

Nerdy* by the way. Geek is a specialization, nerd is academics/intelligence.

I have 20/20 vision too. Either vision disibility is common among those who are smart, or more likely, those who are intelligent just wear glasses so people can notice they are intelligent.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Yeah, but we don't really need it right?

I hear you're a bit overweight though. What is it with that one?

Am I the only normal one among clever ones?

Comment

They just don't apply themselves to building up physically like they do building up mentally...
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

So what about me?

Andwhat do glasses have to do with building up physically? Do they choose to wear glasses?

edit: and why don't THEY sport Macedonia flags?

Comment

I blame my genes for my poor eyesight. All my parents, grandparents and uncles wore eyeglasses starting from a young age. What chance did I have?

And having my eyes constantly doing something since I was 4 didnt help much.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I was just about to say: for proof someone should post teh BuildeR pic

Comment

eductaed
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm dumb AND have bad eyesight
                  CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                    I'm dumb AND have bad eyesight
                    I'm dumb, have bad eyesight, AND I'm ugly.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard

I'm dumb, have bad eyesight, AND I'm ugly.
                      and your mother dresses you funny
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Educated people are more likely to need to read often each day, so can't avoid having glasses. Sheetmetal workers or such can avoid buying glasses despite having equally bad eyesight.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                          And having my eyes constantly doing something since I was 4 didnt help much.
                          wow your eyes have been doing something for years, mine too, what a coincidence...!
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Skanky, I've been reading the same amountas most fellow students, yet I don'T look like a geek.

Am I genetically superior to the rest of humanity?

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Educated people are more likely to need to read often each day, so can't avoid having glasses. Sheetmetal workers or such can avoid buying glasses despite having equally bad eyesight.
                              Um, unless they're nearsighted...

Comment

Working...
                              X