Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had enough? NOAA ISSUES SPACE WEATHER WARNING

NOAA ISSUES SPACE WEATHER WARNING

The link leads to a very cool video of the solar flare.

Sept. 7, 2005 � Forecasters at the NOAA Space Environment Center in Boulder, Colo., Wednesday observed one of the largest solar flares on record at 1:40 p.m. EDT. The forecasters are predicting significant solar eruptions in the coming days. Agencies impacted by space weather storms may experience disruptions over the next two weeks. These include spacecraft operations, electric power systems, high frequency communications and low-frequency navigation systems. (Click NOAA image for larger view of the sun from the NOAA Solar X-ray Imager aboard the NOAA GOES-12 satellite taken Sept. 7, 2005, at 1:46 p.m. EDT. Click here for mpeg animation. Click here to view latest images. Please credit “NOAA.”)
    Last edited by Richelieu; September 8, 2005, 15:20.
    What?

Damn those Martians to hell! If they want to start ****, so be it.

Comment

Clearly it's Bush's fault for not giving the Army Corp of Engineers enough money to harden our satellites against a Cat 4 solar storm

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Clearly it's Bush's fault for not giving the Army Corp of Engineers enough money to harden our satellites against a Cat 4 solar storm
        Don't worry - my guess is that mobius is cooking on three or four new threads where bush is to be blamed for both this and any problems that were in the apollo program.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Bush was SMOKING POT when he should have been up there saving all the astronauts

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Don't worry - my guess is that mobius is cooking on three or four new threads where bush is to be blamed for both this and any problems that were in the apollo program.

A colorful answer to how we got where we are:

Bush bad evil man who invades foreign lands to save black oil for white devils.

Moby prays to gods of teh brown men for vengence 'gainst the evil black hearted Bushiners.

God smites red states from blue sea and yellow sun leaves US black and blue. Land of the red white and blue go deep into the red from losses to economy. (Oops too bad many of those affected were brown peoples. Note to MOby's self - Pray for specific venegence 'gainst Bush and red neck whitey supporters)
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
            X