The System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The System

I've been thinking lately, about the system, about individual freedom.

Freedom can not possibly be the freedom of the system. It has to be the freedom of an individual. The freedom of every individual. If it's the freedom of the system, then it's not the freedom of you necessarily.

So the system has to allow individual freedoms, protect those freedoms. They need to collaborate. But no system that occurs today, at least in western nations, can not work unless some of the freedoms of individuals are taken away from them.

FOR example, to step out of the system. The system has to have resources, and that resource is not the individual. Freedom seems to be more of a value than resource. Because true freedom might not support the system. The system might then lack the resources, if enough individuals decide not to participate in it.

But if this would happen, enough people refusing to participate in the system, the society, forming their own societies, and the system would fall because of that, then it should fall. Because if it doesn't allow people to choose what they want, only the appearance of it, then it is not serving its own purpose anymore. It's against the freedom of an individual.

I'm not talking about a situation where you decide not to work anymore. The system, true freedom system could not support you then. Because there woudln't be any resources to support you. However, if that is the reason to deprive my freedom away from me, then I'm not free.

It starts early on, you come into this world and you are registered, you go to school, and the law says you need to go x amout of years, to get educated. But what is that education? The education is something that teaches you how to work in the system that is currently in power. It teaches you how to live in that society and under that system, and most of all it teaches you not about other alternatives of living, but discards them.

Any system that hinders the life of subcultures, tries to act as the moral of society, is against freedom. Any system, that tries to tell an individual what is right and wrong, is against the freedom of the individual, because it's not the job of the system to do that. THe job of the system is to protect that freedom fo every individual, and send them away who try to take that freedom away from you, in forms of crimes.

I wouldn't say democracy is about freedom. Democracy is self fulfilling system, that has more freedom than most systems. But that's no reason to think it's about freedom. Yet it's better than most though, but still, sucks.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

SO what is this pondering all the lately? My system encoded brains are trying to stop me doing what I want to do. It's trying to hinder me, paint imaginary obstacles to my vision in the back of my brain, waving it's evil red flag and tooting the loud and ugly horns.

It is, ultimately against all that is logical. But so what. Out of the box thinking isn't necessarily bad, it can be good. I'm hating the way everything is building up. Why? Because it's building up just like I have planned. My plans are working. Time to fudge it all up. Why? Because I know how it's all going to go and end. I don't go watch a movie that goes the same way, me knowing all there is to it already and then say 'I knew it' at the end.

No. I refuse.

My instinct is telling me to go. My brains are telling me to stick with the plan. They are telling me that I might regret it. My instinct tells me I WILL regret if I don't go, when I'm old and saw through the plan that was magnificent, yet so ordinary and boring.

I'd rather go for experiences and life, than run through the system and die at the end. I'd rather suck all those memories, tastes, smells, visions and experiences into me, be richer than I could ever be. Learn, see and feel.

Material riches can come later. Why run for material riches, stick with the plan and be poor inside? I could go and get rich, be free and do what I truly want to do, because I have the opportunity to do it, and get materially rich in the process or later if the opportunity should present itself? Throw it all into the hands of fate, we'll see what life has for me. What comes, comes.

It's not desperado act. No, far from it. It's not, we'll I failed now time for plan b which is ultimate berzerk and weird. No no no.. it makes the most sense to me, to go and see.

So what would that plan be? The plan would be no plan at all. Go where my nose points. Go where I feel like going. See different people and cultures and study few languages at the process. Be without nationality and see all nationalities. Travelling.

Travel the world. A year, two years, three years. Who knows. How long it takes me, that's how long it'll take. I know one thing though.. after that trip is done, I might be at different location doing something completely different. But at least it means I'm doing something more meaningful to me than fiddling with puters and writing algorithms.

If it still is what I want to do, my plan, then I'll come back to it. I have then "lost" few years of my life, which I never really lost, but actually lived.

Just sell all my belongings, ditch my place, burn the rest I can't sell/need and go. Plan = no plan.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

TLDR
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

There seems to be a glitch in the system.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

The system has you.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

What is TLDR?

I'm looking for support here. I'm trying to grow the balls to leave it all behind and go.

Quit the system. Be a free man. Experience things. See it all. Go into jungles, mountains, waterfalls and the desert. See all kinds of people, skinny people, fat people, yellow people, black people, warriors, priests, yoga masters, thieves, artists, young, old, beautiful, ugly, hindus, buddhists, muslims, christians, jews, atheists, temples, churches, oceans, lakes, parties, funerals, everything.

It takes balls to do it, because it means giving up everything that one owns, but then again the reward is even greater. Just go... pick up necessary stuff and walk out the door and go.

and then, maybe come back and live in the system again, but now truly free. Had seen all that there is.. being wise, still relatively young maybe, and take all teh riches back with me. Then what happes, again, happens.

Help others who want to experience, who want to hear stories, who want to know things, what's out there.
            In da butt.

Comment

It takes balls to do it, because it means giving up everything that one owns, but then again the reward is even greater. Just go... pick up necessary stuff and walk out the door and go.
              It also takes balls to stay and be an effective contributor to society instead of a wonderlust merely observing it. More balls? I don't know, but it seems pretty easy to give up.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, I should definitely disagree strongly with that. What balls does it take to do what everyone else is doing and go for the safe route?

I mean, that might be subjective, I see nothing special in that. It has boring written all over it to me. Waste of life, that is gift.
                In da butt.

Comment

Right on spot, Pekka!

Okay, let's do it. Let's grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how I recently informed Nokia that its encomiasts incite young people to copulate early, often, and indiscriminately. Nokia said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further; after all, if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that if it isn't jaundiced, I don't know who is. The poisonous wine of pessimism had been distilled long before Nokia entered the scene. Nokia is merely the agent decanting the poisonous fluid from its bottle into the jug that is world humanity. I'm sure you get my point here. Please don't ask me to pamper the worst types of harebrained fast-buck artists there are. I simply can't do that. It may be soothing and pleasant for Nokia to think that society is screaming for its tricks, but if it bites me, I will bite back.

Nokia thinks that it's inappropriate to teach children right from wrong. However, I will not play its blathering games and use rock music, with its savage, tribal, orgiastic beat, to condemn innocent people to death just like it does. Nokia draws its outrageous conclusions from arbitrary statistics. Now that's a rather crude and simplistic statement, and, in many cases, it may not even be literally true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in which it sincerely expresses how some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with nit-picky vermin on a regular basis at work or in school. We, therefore, may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to create problems that our grandchildren will have to live with. It's precisely because the reason I'm writing this letter is that we cannot and we must not allow ourselves to become infected with the fatal germs of solecism that if you think that jujuism brings one closer to nirvana, then you're suffering from very serious nearsightedness. You're focusing too much on what it wants you to see and failing to observe many other things of much greater importance. We all need to be aware of each other's existence as intelligent, feeling, human beings, even if some of us are infantile underachievers. Nokia makes free and liberal use of chicanery, deceit, intolerance, lust, persecution, and oppression. That's the sort of statement that some people assert is Pecksniffian, but which I believe is merely a statement of fact. And it's a statement that needs to be made, because Nokia doesn't want us to force it into deserved bankruptcy. It would rather we settle for the meatless bone of phallocentrism.

As is so often the case, Nokia's secret passion is to judge people by the color of their skin while ignoring the content of their character. For shame! Nokia claims that the Earth is flat. I suspect that the absurdities within that claim speak for themselves, although I should add that Nokia's rank-and-file followers are quick to point out that because Nokia is hated, persecuted, and repeatedly laughed at, it is the real victim here. The truth is that, if anything, Nokia is a victim of its own success -- a success that enables Nokia to create an atmosphere that may temporarily energize or exhilarate, but which, at the same time, will pose the gravest of human threats. Unless Nokia could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else, it is simply wrong to conclude that courtesy and manners don't count for anything. All of this once again proves the old saying that Nokia's left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing.

Comment

They say the most dangerous man is the man with nothing to lose. Why? Is it because he is free or is because he has stopped caring?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

TLDR=Too Long, Didn't Read

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ralph, you do realize my job with Nokia ended exactly a week ago? No I didn't quit, I was trainee and I should go there next summer but.. well we'll see what happens.

Anyway I have to think about your post before answering.

LC, so you felt that posting TLDR was somehow useful? Ok.

Japher, right.. It's not that I don't care though.. it's that I want to be rich. Both materially and spiritually. But first I must be rich spiritually, because it means more and then it's OK if I don't get rich materially.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Oh shoot. But you can easily generate a similar rant about your current company or some other person, using http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

Here's their wisdom about you:

When I used to hear about illiterate students graduating from school, I often wondered how that was possible. But after encountering some of Pekka's more flighty expostulations, I now realize that not only is it possible for people to graduate without having learned fundamental skills such as reading and writing, but that it's possible for these same people to believe that fork-tongued deadheads are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. Permit me this forum to rant. If we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to convince crazy rotters to stop supporting Pekka and tolerating his hijinks. Who else but Pekka would have the brass to trick us into trading freedom for serfdom? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that he can retreat into his "victim" status if anyone calls him to account.

I had thought the world was free of perverted galoots. So imagine my surprise when I discovered that he wants to hamstring our efforts to dispense justice. No matter how much talk and analysis occurs, an armed revolt against him is morally justified. However, I aver that it is not yet strategically justified. Don't let yourself be persuaded by callow slobs who secretly want to feed information from sources inside the government to organizations with particularly intellectually challenged agendas.

Take it from me: If Fate desired that Pekka make a correct application of what he had read about quislingism, it would have to indicate title and page number, since the gloomy fool would otherwise never in all his life find the correct place. But since Fate does not do this, a central fault line runs through each of Pekka's philippics. Specifically, if Pekka thinks that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance, then he's sadly mistaken. Yes, Virginia, Pekka has been offering the worst types of ostentatious scroungers I've ever seen a lot of money to reduce history to an overdetermined, wireframe sketch of what are, in reality, complex, dynamic events. This is blood money, plain and simple. Anyone thinking of accepting it should realize that I find that some of Pekka's choices of words in his musings would not have been mine. For example, I would have substituted "rude" for "transubstantiationalist" and "disgusting" for "ultramicrochemistry." He has compiled an impressive list of grievances against me. Not only are all of these grievances completely fictitious, but Pekka is not just stupid. He is unbelievably, astronomically stupid. Lastly, for those who read this letter, I decidedly hope you take it to heart and pass this message on to others.

Comment

There can never be absolute individual freedom for everyone, even in an anarchy, as your freedom ends where the freedom of the other person begins.

For example, Person A might want to rape Person B (as person B doesn´t want to have sex with Person A). So one of the freedoms of those two persons has to be restricted, even in an arnachy, either the Freedom of Person A is restricted as he has to abstain from raping person B, or the freedom of person B is restricted, to choose for herself with which persons she wants to have sex (as by raping her person A forces the choice upon her)

So there can never be a system with maximum freedoms for everyone, as there are lots of such conflicts like the one mentioned above, where allowing full freedom for one person means restricting the freedom of another person
                            Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 7, 2005, 09:55.
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

LC, so you felt that posting TLDR was somehow useful? Ok.
                              No, I did it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X