Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no Jesus

I think this is a funny little linky.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

it's a nice wannabe parody on christianity.
    Though unfortunately the author of this (well known) story doesn't know christianity at all, which is quiet important if you want to write a parody.

I could write a better parody, but I won't
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Some of the other stuff there is more entertaining IMO.

Comment

How dare you doubt the existence of Hank's butt?!?
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The problem is that our current understanding of "believing in God" or "believing in Jesus" is that we have to believe that God or Jesus exists.

Remember that in the old days nobody was doubting the existance of God. Everybody believed in God(s).

Have faith in God is a better prhase to use.
          I don't have faith in a God I have never experienced. A God that comes with no proof of existance.
          I do have faith in a God that I live with everyday. I'm sure he exists and I have faith in Him.

It's not like I have to kiss a butt that I never saw before.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

Remember that in the old days nobody was doubting the existance of God. Everybody believed in God(s).
            Which is, of course, not true but was frequently used to prove the existance of God (Everyone believes in him=he exists).

There have always been people who did not believe in a supreme being, otherwise no Egyptian would have looted royal tombs. Then remember Anaxagoras, Skeptics, etc.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Cybershy: it's not a parody of Christianty, it's more of a parody of the zealots who try to convert people, and who have no critical thinking about what their local priest is saying.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It's a parady of all religions.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's an oldie, but it still has bites.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

They say it's the soft version. Where's the real one? It'S not there.

Comment

Working...
                    X