I Tip My Hat To DanQ & Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Tip My Hat To DanQ & Company

JUST in case you missed this, I want to post here, too.
    Other than saying I admire the effort made, I think Dan has said it all.

APOLYTON DONATES TO HURRICANE RELIEF
    (6 September 2005, 22:45

Earlier today, Apolyton Civilization Site made a cash donation to the American Red Cross (ARC) towards their "Hurricane Katrina" disaster relief fund through their website. Here is some background on the tragedy and the recovery endeavour:

The [ARC] has launched an immense emergency relief effort to meet unprecedented humanitarian needs in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, mobilizing workers and supplies to address the urgent, critical needs of disaster victims, which include providing emergency shelter, food, water, clothing, counseling and other assistance. [..]

The Red Cross estimates that, as of Sept. 6, 2005, it has received $409.2 million in gifts and pledges for the hurricane relief effort, with approximately $209 million made online to date.

In addition, Apolyton will be donating any and all subscription or re-subscription monies made up to and including 3 years to the site`s PLUS service between September 6th and September 20th to those who type "Katrina" in the comments field when preparing their payment. - DanQ
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Once again, Sloww and I are in agreement.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
    X