Computer/Internet Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer/Internet Problem

I'm having a very strange internet problem. All of a sudden, my internet stops working on my PC. I restarted it several times, and it didn't work. The Network Connections show that the connection is fine. The wires are fine, the port is fine, so I don't know where the problem lies. Any ideas? The PC connects through a Local Area Connection through a router.

ISP could suck. I had a similar problem early this year, and the fault was in my (illegal, as I later on found out) ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
      ISP could suck.
      I've only ever had problems on my current PC, and nothing as bad as this. Usually the problem ends within a few hours.

Comment

Clearly nuke has not tried my solution and is not worthy of advice

Comment

Are other PCs on the same LAN able to connect to the internet

(I presume so - or else you wouldn't be posting at all...)

Can you access a router management page or something on the affected computer (ie, i think it is, on my microsoft router i can type 192.168.2.1 in internet explorer and i'll get a management page where i can see some details and change some settings and reboot the router)

Did you change ANY settings at all, or change ANYTHING, before the problem started occurring

As always - virus check, spyware check, etc
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Clearly nuke is now worthy of advice

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
              Are other PCs on the same LAN able to connect to the internet

(I presume so - or else you wouldn't be posting at all...)

Can you access a router management page or something on the affected computer (ie, i think it is, on my microsoft router i can type 192.168.2.1 in internet explorer and i'll get a management page where i can see some details and change some settings and reboot the router)

Did you change ANY settings at all, or change ANYTHING, before the problem started occurring

As always - virus check, spyware check, etc
              I didn't change anything before the problem occurred.

Comment

Reboot the cable or DSL modem. If you are using a router-switch, reboot that too. Also check for viruses and worms.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X