Drug test question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
    Huh I was not aware that the employer was bounded by law to announce the drug test in the Job announcement. I always tought that that was done as a courtesy to those applying so to not waste anyones time such as if you cant pass a drug screen no need to apply. As the doc said they can test you at any time after hired. Most of the time it is done the day ur hired since most employers now days will not waste time or money to start to train you if you cant pass the drug test. Then they can do it at anytime of their choosing if they have policies stating they have random or cause drug testing in place.
    They don't have to post it in the job announcement, it has to be posted in the job site. It is a state law but most states have it. For instance I work for a Best Buy in Toledo and we have all the labor laws, drug policies, workmans comp and what not posted in our break room.
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Dam Sava you have done your homework!! Well said. I cant say anything more then u just said, besides the fact that i dont grow or smoke the stuff
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Sava

ok your trying but it wont work because I am way ahead of you in this

It does cause medical problems not lies..well.lies are spread but by people trying to keep people using.

Oh I agree alcohol is bad as well

But not gonna let you use your own small experioence and the fact that you say it with conviction doesnt make it so

I didnt say either how much pot was going to do lung damage

But you support Pot by your statement so I wont talk to Sava wall about this.

By the way I did Pot,PCP,Crystal Meth,LSD,Crack and Coke and much heavier including alcohol..

so you wont think Im talking down to you or judging you but as a fellow former head, I see the light now

I did drugs and alcohol from 73-93..becauseI had a $h!tty life of abuse and pain and chose to mask my world with clouded dillusions..

Ok

Im out
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

There is about 3x the tar in pot than in cigs, but pot is smoked in much smaller amounts. Pot being healthier than cigs and liqure isn't an impossible case to take on, but the lack of research on the effects of pot makes for a weak deffense.
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

if the guy has or smokes pot depending how ofen dailey the drug takes bout 4 to 6 weeks to get out of ur system. coke is a lot quicker 72 hrs from the last hit usually
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

almost like the Dr knew from experience

after my post I was rereading and saw his

we also require any workmans comp claim to have a drug screen done.

Gramps
              Drug screening is mandated for CDL drivers, but not so much for secretaries, though many employers drug screen their office staff too. An accident would be considered "cause".
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

By the way I did Pot,PCP,Crystal Meth,LSD,Crack and Coke and much heavier including alcohol. ...
                I did drugs and alcohol from 73-93..becauseI had a $h!tty life of abuse and pain and chose to mask my world with clouded dillusions..
                I once had a psychiatrist tell me that the drug abuser hates the life he's leading...but he does drugs because he hates reality more. It's sounds like you concur in his observation.

Comment

GT: well I don't do drugs... I smoke marijuana

God's natural mood enhancer

I have no desire to do anything but marijuana.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

as they should

not to get too far off topic, but if anyone knows anything about w/c modifiers it is uncontionable to not do everything whithin your power to keep that down.

drug screening helps because of the pitfalls of drug and alcohol abuse (injuries,lower work efficiencies,tardiness and missed days) and I speak from personal experience on both sides people.
                    To respond in drug test terms, this is a false positive.
                    Meth, heroin, cocaine, whatever, passes through the body and is gone natually in three (3) days.
                    No help required.
                    Marijuana, on the other hand, is present in the fatty tissue for up to months.
                    So what an employer, caught up in the trendy fashion of drug testing now has done, is passed over someone who may have smoked a minute amount months ago, and hired an addict of truly dangerous chemical substance.

Congratulations.

I still would contend pot is much preferred to be used in moderation over alcohol, to say nothing of the aforementioned chemicals.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      actually... it's a lot safer than the propaganda

Both sides seriously misstate the effects of pot smoke.

in order to have lung damage, one would need to smoke a lot of pot... we're talking... probably in the amount of joints a cigarette smoker smokes cigarettes... most people smoke small amounts

Pot smoke is significantly more dangerous than tobacco smoke. Between 3-5 joints per day is the equivalent of smoking a pack of cigarettes. While I never smoked that much, I have known poeople that smoke that much or more.

I have quit using pot. Not because of what the government says, nor even because of the hassle of drug testing, but simeply because, I don't enjoy being high anymore. I still like getting high, but you can't have one without the other. I'm not really keen on being drunk either. A little buzzed is okay.

I'm neither pro nor anti-drugs, though I think many people could stand to use drugs, and many could stand to stop using drugs. You, Sava, should quit pot. No one suffering depression should smoke the stuff. It only adds to the depression, even though it feels good.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        actually... it's a lot safer than the propaganda

Both sides seriously misstate the effects of pot smoke.

in order to have lung damage, one would need to smoke a lot of pot... we're talking... probably in the amount of joints a cigarette smoker smokes cigarettes... most people smoke small amounts

Pot smoke is significantly more dangerous than tobacco smoke. Between 3-5 joints per day is the equivalent of smoking a pack of cigarettes. While I never smoked that much, I have known poeople that smoke that much or more.

I have quit using pot. Not because of what the government says, nor even because of the hassle of drug testing, but simeply because, I don't enjoy being high anymore. I still like getting high, but you can't have one without the other. I'm not really keen on being drunk either. A little buzzed is okay.

I'm neither pro nor anti-drugs, though I think many people could stand to use drugs, and many could stand to stop using drugs. You, Sava, should quit pot. No one suffering depression should smoke the stuff. It only adds to the depression, even though it feels good.
                        I agree with almost everything above. I also find it amazing that with the huge amounts of pot consumed in this country every year that we don't know more about it. We can thank the war on drugs for this in large part. Since pot is illegal it is difficult or impossible for good scientific studies to be done on it. The government has done a marvelous job of discrediting itself on this issue by paying for numerous bogus studies / conclusions. In the meantime millions are using the stuff and have no clue how dangerous it might be. One of the ways it may be dangerous is that it causes a significant increase in heart rates almost immediately like cocaine, though with less intensity.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Pot smoke is significantly more dangerous than tobacco smoke.
                          which is why I use a vaporizer...

and still the point remains, more dangerous, yes... but much less of it is inhaled... so the overall risk is MUCH less.

a UCLA study concluded that because marijuana smokers inhale less smoke than tobacco smokers, marijuana is not linked to lung cancer: http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/t...ungcancer.html

You, Sava, should quit pot. No one suffering depression should smoke the stuff. It only adds to the depression, even though it feels good
                          well, doc tells me otherwise...

according to my PET, I have overactive brain function (similar to epilepsy) in areas which causes me to have ADD like symptoms. MJ reduces these symptoms, regulates my mood, and helps me maintain a steady sleep cycle. It does not affect my depression at all. My first suicide attempt was a year before I had even tried marijuana. So go figure.

Where did you get your degree again?

sorry che, didn't mean to bust your balls

I appreciate your concern. But I'm a smart enough guy. I'm well aware of the positive things in my life and the negative things.

=
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

which is why I use a vaporizer...
                            Or, bake cookies.

Comment

Working...
                            X