I know what the meaning of life is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what the meaning of life is

It hit me, from the skies of clear thought. So hard it struck my brain, that it has gathered all other thoughts around it and become some kind of center. It actually doesn't make lot of sense to normal person. It's something they need to realize, it's travelling without moving.

It can be said in one short sentence. Every religion would support it. Every culture would support it. It is universal, beyond any race, class, gender or age.

It promotes all that is good, and it accepts all that is bad. It does not have any loopholes in it. It's very simple, yet it's so difficult to find for most, and most will never find the answer.

There is no philosophy to it, but you can build one around it, but building philosophy around it other than let everyone else find it also without making obstacles would work against it. Thus it is the ultimate answer.

Everyone can use it, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Jew, Atheist.

With the answer, you can start finding out who you are. It doesn't give you the answer to it, but it promises to start the process and gives you the opportunity to find out some day.

So.. what is it? I can not tell you. It's a journey to be done. And it accepts the fact that others might have different answers, that works for them, but as an uberentity, it covers their answer also. So it's all good.

And no, I won't say yes or no when you start trolling.

As some kind of sign, as I was about to submit this thread, batteries died in my mouse. Had to get some new ones! The ones who knows it, can never pass it on, but they can and should help how to get there. It's objective and subjective at the same time. I haven't hidden any riddles in here though. When you know the answer, you also know that the only way to understand it is to figure it out yourself.

It is my most valued possession now, even with all the material stuff I have, and future plans. With it, I can never be lost, even when I'm lost.

And no, I have never played that I know what it is before. I have been enlightened by something I don't know.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Join the Marines already dickhead
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

To do what. Shoot black people in US? I don't think so .

But I knwo something through my discovery. I am free, to the maximum. Man this feels good.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        To do what. Shoot black people in US? I don't think so .
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Pekka, the Marines go everywhere in the world.

So you would have the opportunity to shoot not only black people but all kinds of brown and yellow people too.

Comment

Hey I don't mind shooting people of different colour and/or race. I'm equal opportunist after all. But for sake of just shooting people, I don't see why I would go. As a Marine, foreign one, I would have no opportunity to ever rise in the ranks of them. Also I'm more kind of a.. lone wolf type. I would know, unlike many others it seems like, what I'd be signing for. Before, say few years ago, I would have signed in a second.

I don't think I would have regretted it now, depends on many things, but right now it doesn't seem like the right move for me. Like I've said, if I move into your country, I will do it though. I won't break that word.

As far as individual that is me goes, there's not much that they can offer me. I can offer myself to them, but that's not trade worth making. If I wanted to join elite military unit, I'd go somewhere else for that, where trade would be worthy for just that.

What would be worth it then? A cause. Since giving you word to join would be a commitment to make and hold for some years, I need a good cause. A good cause would be fighting for what I believe in. Currently, I don't believe in Iraq, I don't believe in future Iran or Syria, I don't believe joining them would make me a terrorist hunter. I could be one, would be worth it, I'd shoot for free, but I don't think that's the offer I'd be given in real life. Or even be part of it.

And as part of the deal when you join comes that you don't exactly get to choose or pick your battles, I'd rather not go for it right now. But every good freedom loving westerner and citizen of the world who believes in good and acts upon it can trust that I will be there when it counts. But these are just words so I see no point continuing making myself look better in what ifs etc. That's something a ***** with no guts would do, to get some virtual street credits. I don't need it.

EOF
            In da butt.

Comment

word

Comment

You see, before, I was looking for the fight, now the fight is looking for me. I choose to not fight at this point.
                In da butt.

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

You see, before, I was looking for the fight, now the fight is looking for me. I choose to not fight at this point.

Seven Deadly Finns: Brian Eno

[7" vinyl single A-side b/w 'Later On', 1974]

Oh oh the French Girls with the string of pearls
                    Think it's such a burning shame
                    That the local boys with their country joys
                    Never make them daisy chains
                    They're swopping disappointing incidents
                    While at the docks another ship pulls in
                    And suddenly the door breaks down (ooh la la)
                    It's the Seven Deadly Finns

Oh oh oh soldiers and sailors
                    Have all been here before
                    Gigolos and governments
                    Have tumbled through the door
                    Because they need all those French girls with all their kiss curls
                    And powder in their guns
                    And the Seven Finns with the deadly grins
                    Tend to measure beauty in tons.

The first is a freak with a masochistic streak
                    And the second is a kitten up a tree
                    The third is a flirt with an awful print skirt
                    And the fourth is pretending to be me
                    The fifth wears a mac and never turns his back
                    The sixth never shows his eyes
                    But the seventh Deadly Finn is so tall and slim
                    'He shoulda never been with those guys'.

Although variety's the spice of life
                    A steady rhythm is the source
                    Simplicity's the crucial thing
                    Systematically of course (work it all out like Norbert Wiener)
                    So when those French girls say to you
                    'Would you like your ashes raked?'
                    You'll have to take their word for it
                    It's the only thing to take...
                    Attached Files
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Pekka, you could become a mercenary and kick some ass, freelance style

Comment

Mind you that was my dream couple of years ago. I defended my ... view on things, and I still do not share what most think when it comes to mercs. I just don't think it's that good of a pay though, unless you are hired by big PMCs with good .. salaries. That requires a)trigger time b)spot in elite unit, recognized one. For me, only option would then be FFL, and 5 year minimum contract. I don't have that dream anymore, I mean I have several other dreams now.

And as a merc, I'd be dead in first years anyway. What could I do with all the money when I'd be dead. Plus there would be times when I would surely have to cross the line.

No thanks.

ps. mercenaries don't die. They just go to hell to regroup!
                        In da butt.

Comment

Mercenaries don't die. They just go to hell to regroup!

Comment

Truth reveals itself to Man only through experience!

Comment

What a load of old cobblers...we wanted an answer
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X