God Bless Uzbekistan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless Uzbekistan!

I've never felt so proud of my country of birth.
    AN UZBEKISTAN-BORN teenager has become the first Muslim to be crowned Miss England, and will compete in the Miss World pageant in China in December.

Hammasa Kohistani, 18, whose parents had fled Afghanistan, said she was delighted but surprised, and hoped she would not be the last Muslim to receive the honour.

"When they announced that I had won I thought I had misheard," said Ms Kohistani, dressed in an ivory white chiffon-and-silk ball gown designed and made by her mother. "It took a second to sink in."

Asked about being the first Muslim Miss England, Ms Kohistani said: "I'm making history, and I'm very happy. Hopefully, I won't be the last."

Ms Kohistani was born in Tashkent, central Uzbekistan, after her parents were forced to flee Afghanistan. She speaks six languages, including Russian, Persian and French, and looked ecstatic as the crown was placed on her head before a cheering crowd in Liverpool's Olympia Theatre on Saturday night. She was selected from a group of 40.

Known as Miss Maya, after the Asian fashion house that sponsored her, she has also been offered a part in a Bollywood movie.

The competition winner secures a place in the Miss World final in China in December, which offers a $US100,000 ($A130,000) prize.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

pic? we must see if she's hot or not...

that's what's important here!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      pic? we must see if she's hot or not...

that's what's important here!
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: God Bless Uzbekistan!

Originally posted by Zevico
        I've never felt so proud of my country of birth.
        if it's Britain, what's the point of being proud of having ugly women?

If it's Uzbekistan, there's no reason of being proud either - she's had little competition.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

pics or stfu
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Pictures
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

"In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Not too bad.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Scary.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

the miss england site sucks donkey pole. no slide show, you've got to click through it all, no enlarged photos, you can't see some of them properly
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      Scary.
                      qft

and she looks like 35 years old... WTF

(not to say she looks OLD as in wrinkly... she looks like a WOMAN, not a GIRL)
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yeah she's got a nice figure and she scrubs up well, but would it kill you to smile you miserable cow. there are also about 35 better looking girls there.

and here's something else, if you go to the main page and look at the vote, micheala weeks (who is fit as ) appears to be miles in front, while no bugger in the world has voted for the winner

Comment

So why do her vital statistics list her shoe size before her chest measurement??

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            So why do her vital statistics list her shoe size before her chest measurement??
                            The guy who wrote the page at a shoe fetish. Duh!

Comment

Very nice!
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X