Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop as a DVD player for a TV?

Hi all,

Once again, another technical question to befuddle Apolyton's most brilliant minds in my attempts to set up the ultimate babe lair in my new flat.

I've a laptop which plays DVDs. The picture isn't great though. Is there any way I can connect it to a TV and get the DVD to play on that?
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Your laptop needs to have a TV-output. All you then need (and probably don't have) is a cable. Plug that in your TV and configure your video adapter to use the TV as main monitor (cause the DVD will appear only on one screen at a time). You should be able to do this using the video driver (Settings>Appearences>(last tab)>Advanced). But maybe if you plug the two together before you switch on the Laptop it will autorecognize the TV.

Btw, if you are using S-VHS output (which most laptops have here), you have to configure your TV to use S-VHS input on the port you connected them, otherwise you get only black & white picture. I think there exist some cables which can do this as well so you get it colored even if the TV doesn't support S-VHS.
    Next thing is sound, but I never bothered about that since my laptop's speakers are quite good (JBL).

Comment

Cheaper to just buy a DVD player. Better image, etc.

Comment

If you have access to a projector, most can accept VGA output from a computer. All notebooks have VGA output for connection to an external monitor.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If you have access to a projector, most can accept VGA output from a computer. All notebooks have VGA output for connection to an external monitor.
          Unfortunately not, but that's a great idea! It would certainly be very bling bling.
          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Is there a VGA tp SCART adaptor? I'd like to watch football and boxing streams on my tele.

Comment

Next thread:

"Laptop as a paperweight"
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

They appear to have all sorts of coverters for VGA signals. Try searching on Google.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X