No announcement yet.

The EU is bad - it's in the Bible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GO TO is rather obsolete and other types of higher complexity loops are superior. You'd think God would know this.

Comment

Gangerolf you should go into this man's house, take every sharp object away, take every weapon away you can find, strap diapers on him, mittens that he can't hurt himself, mouth guard, and lock him in the bath room and call the cops. This dude is what we know as one of those who as crossed the line. The line of sanity.

Hey I'm very religious too, but I don't think God has an opinion about my CDs or my jeans. Let alone models of governments etc. He is a classic example of seeing what he WANTS to see. I guarantee this, God didn't take any sides on if EU is a good model or not.

Very religious is not an excuse being insane and total ****ing nutcase.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. 4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
        And you want to spend eternity with this psycho nut job? Feel free, I'll take my chances in the fiery depths of hell if it's all the same
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

<---
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I say we build an orbital lift, just to really send them round the bend.

Comment

Here's an interesting question. Do you mould your religion (if you are religious) or does your religion mould you?

Given that the sacred text of all religions are subject to interpretation, and that they cover almost the entire spectrum of ethical behaviour (particularly the Western religions) a person can make a religion into one that fits his temperment and character. For example, a basically peaceful person can take the peaceful bits from Islam, and call it a religion for peace and love. OTOH, we have fudamentalists and nutcakes that call for suicide attacks and such, and they can support these with their own interpretations of the books.

OTOH, people can be influenced, esp youngsters. Thus, passages from various scripture texts can certainly be used to persuade religious people, at least to some extent. There are many suicide bombers but I don't think people are born that way. At least most people aren't. So they got moulded by religion.

So, what do you think?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think you should have a cookie UR.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka, no doubt this guy has crossed the line of sanity but this EU/bible thing isn't the worst part. Do you know that fairy-taly about the guy with the flute who got all the rats and kids in the village to follow him? He says he is that guy and that he is 400 years old. And he was dead seriuos.
                  CSPA

Comment

Yeah I know the story. If he is the flute guy... then how come do you listen to him anyway? Even for story purposes.. ?
                    In da butt.

Comment

But this interpretation of the bible isn't something he came up with on his own, apparently several "fundamentalists" believe the same, that God wants people to live in nation-states. Of course, you could argue whether the EU is a threat to that or not, but they seem to think it is.
                      CSPA

Comment

Why do you put fundamentalists on quotations mark. I think if someone truly thinks that, they are fundamentalists, kind of like the perfect description of one .

God wants people to live in nation states. And that's not weird?
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Yeah I know the story. If he is the flute guy... then how come do you listen to him anyway? Even for story purposes.. ?
                          Wackos are always entertaining. And what do they say - "the only ones who tell the truth are children and crazy people" (or was it drunk people?)
                          CSPA

Comment

Sure, the quotation marks are probably not needed. Maybe I just think it's weird to refer to my fellow christians/countrymen as fundamentalists. I usually think of bearded men with rags on their heads who like to blow stuff up when I hear that word.
                            CSPA

Comment

That's because you need a cookie too.

In da butt.

Comment

I remember reading something about the parallels between building the tower of Babel and creating the EU (although, it wasn't a religious piece)

Basically, it suggested that building the EU or the tower of Babel were good, not because they provide any real benefit when they are finished, but the actual process of building them draws people together and takes their mind off fighting by giving them such an enormous challenge to face together.

Comment

Working...
                                X