Mrs horse just had to move that TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs horse just had to move that TV

We got cable TV in our new house in Korea. It took us a week to work out how to operate it. Last night we got it going for the first time. It was great after a week without TV. I stayed up till 2am watching it.

This morning Mrs Horse decides to move the TV cabinet. Its rickety and heavy. The sliding platform the TV sits on is not stable. The wooden shelving hood above is not attached to the base cabinet below the TV as it should be. The wooden hood is heavy and slides around knocking the TV while 3 of us are trying to shift the TV to where she wants it, which is like a foot or two to the left.... or the right...or in the corner....

Sure enough, the TV platform suddenly shifts forward knocked by the hood and the TV falls out, taking a big chunk out of the wood floor. The cable to DVD cable is shredded. Fortunately the TV tube didn't blow but the top right corner of the casing is smashed. We can't get the cable TV to work anymore, or the DVD player. Miraculously the TV still works. Its borrowed btw, over 100cm. We have to give it back when our own stuff arrives. She's says, no problem, "we'll just have to replace it"

An hour later and I'm still getting over the shock

I've never had a TV crash to the floor like that before, face first.

The only saving grace is I didn't get into an argument with her about it and basically avoided saying dumb "I told you so" things

But God it was hard to keep my mouth shut
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; September 2, 2005, 23:01.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

HAW HAW

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yeah - and the cable guy only spoke Korean
      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; September 3, 2005, 00:15.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        yeah - and the cable guy only spoke Korea

now that's just adding insult to injury!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Now might be the time to trundle out your new laptop.
          Any raised eyebrows and you can just stare meaninfully at the TV.

Comment

it was one of those jobs for your SO where you're thinking "I don't think this is a good idea" but you know resistance is futile.

Comment

This is good. TV is a bad influence.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

yeah and my comp is still working Muwahahahaha!!!

Comment

Where's Hidey?
                  What?

Comment

TV, in all its incarnations and forms

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      yeah - and the cable guy only spoke Korea
                      It's Korean, Horsie.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

be gentle Horse..

she probably feels bad enough about the TV, and being at fault for it, without anything from your end

this is one of those things that people learn from..

never bring it up again

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm getting huge brownies for not going off about it. Its something you have to work at.

Most things like this in life you can either laugh about or get angry about. Its a no brainer which is better for your marriage but hard to do.

Comment

of course..

you are the master

I just thought I would say what I thought

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I wish

Comment

Working...
                              X