How do I fix my speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fix my speakers?

Ever since i moved I've had weird beeping squawking sounds occasionally emitted from my computers speakers even when the computer is idle and no program is using the sound card. I also have a high pitched staticy sound when I turn the volume up that changes to a slightly louder more irratating sound when I move my (non cordless) mouse even the slightest distance.

I have moved *much* closer to several skyscrapers (within about a mile) that have radio towers on their roofs. Can being in close proximity to such radio towers cause the low level of noise? If so why would the mouse movement change it?

The key to this must be that the problem arose entirely and abruptly the first time I restarted my computer at my new address.

Hopefully someone here can offer some pointers for troubleshooting this annoying development!

Thanks in advance!

Isolate the problem.

1. Try another set of speakers
    2. Try another sound card

etc.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Make sure the speaker plugin is plugged in snuggly.
      Back all the way up.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey, I had the same problem.

I've worked it out on my system though.

In my case it was the CD AUDIO line that was causing the problem.
        I muted it and now it's gone.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
        X